Lately, I've needed a change
It wasn't enough that school was starting
School has been so good
Except that on a daily basis I see my dreams of grad school getting dimmer and dimmer...
But something tells me to keep going anyway
So last friday I got glasses
And a renewed determination to actually wear them this time
And resist the temptation to constantly remove them or put them on top of my head
until the frames are loose and they slide down my nose
and I look like the hot librarian
And then yesterday I chopped a couple inches off my hair
which I have been trying SO HARD to grow out
I usually get these urges to chop it off,
but I've learned to wait it out and it usually goes away
It looks a little more like a mom haircut than I was hoping for
And then tonight I moved out.
Kind of last minute, on a whim
My family's still trying to figure out what happened
But I really like the new place
it feels good
and it's a really awesome location
and I couldn't get a better deal
....besides at my house
and my roommate is the best.
I'm trying to think what else I could change up in my life...
I thought about exercising, but that seems a little extreme.
I'm not sure what my fascination is lately with these short sentences written out kind of in poem form. Maybe it makes me feel like what I'm writing is in some way poetic. Or maybe I'm just lazy and don't want to come up with complete sentences or thoughts. Or maybe I'm secretly a literary genius and students of the future will study my blog posts and write essays on them. That seems really likely.
That reminds me. I have a solid idea of what I want write a book about, so I'm thinking I'll start working on that. Doesn't that sound like fun? That way when people ask me what I'm up to, I don't have to give the generic, "Oh, you know, school and work" answer. I'll say well, funny that you should ask, I'm actually working on my first book. And saving for a trip to France on the side. And people will rightly assume that I am awesome.
I'm glad you people love me. I appreciate it more than you know. Also I like mountains.
Side story: The other night I was with a bunch of friends and one friend (we shall call him Bob) introduced me to another friend (we shall call him Stanley). Bob says, hey, Stanley likes to climb mountains, don't you Stanley? Stanley says, uh, yeah... Bob says, Chelsie likes to climb mountains too. You too should climb a mountain together sometime! (Suggestive wink). Stanley and I look at each other. Crickets chirp in the background. Stanley pulls out his phone. Well, I guess I should get your number then, so we can climb that mountain sometime...Bob grins proudly.
I bet you a hundred bucks I never hear from Stanley.
Which, honestly, I would be ok with.
Also, I hope Bob doesn't read this blog.
9 comments:
The 25th person to comment on this post gets a free painting from me. Go.
Does it count if I comment 25 times in a row?
Cause I will.
Dear Chels:
You are awesome. Also, I totally stalk your blog. And usually giggle discreetly or full on laugh out loud whilst reading said blog.
*hearts*
Also, James suggests that you take up climbing (frequently) as your change in your life. You could join a climbing gym for cheaper than buying all the gear. Or maybe BYU has a climbing club!
You seriously crack me up. I read like half this post out loud to Doug cuz I thought it was hilarious. Unfortunately he was watching football at the time so he didn't hear, and therefore appreciate your humor. But I loved it.
Dear Brittany:
I will take what I can get.
And I would love to do another painting for you :)
I thought this post WAS going to be a poem.
How disappointing.
Heh. If you go to France, can I go with you?
I hope Bob DOES read this blog. sooo funny. And Stanley.
I adore you. Truly. Where did the latest post go? I liked it. :) And I totally want to set you up with my friend. When you are ready. :)
Post a Comment