Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Homesick

This time of year makes me homesick for Blois.
This time last year I would get up each morning at 6:30 and look out my window onto the quiet street below.
After breakfast and studies and bundling up, I would head out with my best friend.
Armed with a Book of Mormon.
Walking the cobblestone streets. Past the castle. Past the train station. Over the bridge.
Under the golden trees.
Occasionally we would grab each other by the arm and giggle.
Overcome with the adorableness of it all.
This time of year, everything reminds me of those days.
And I miss them.
I miss the members. Those wonderful, funny, incredible members. I miss the meals at their homes. I miss the people we taught. I miss hearing French. I miss being identified as 'a missionary'.
I want to go back. Even better, I want my home world and my mission world to collide. I want all the people I love to know each other. To be in the same room.
I want my family to meet my French family and to hear their humor and understand how wonderful they are.
I want I want I want
me me me
haha.



Sigh.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I've been waiting and waiting for mission pictures. SO gorgeous. Sorry you're homesick! Must be time for a visit.