Saturday, January 26, 2013

Like a Garden

I started a new blog post 3 times that began with the words,
"I am tired of being single".
Because I was
And this has been my tune for a couple months now.

The only reason I didn't post it
was because I was worried about my blog becoming a place for me to vent
kind of like my journal
I want it to be a place where people come
because it makes them happy
because it inspires them to be better
to see the world differently
Because blogs like that are my favorite to visit as well

There's a hymn in the French hymnbook
that isn't in the English one, which is such a shame
It's called "au jardin" and I found the English words:


I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses

And He walks with me, and He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known

He speaks, and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing

I'd stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling
But He bids me go; through the sound of woe
His voice to me be calling

--Charles Austin Miles (1912)

The Savior said, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you...and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."







2 comments:

Emily said...

What a pretty hymn. Your time will come.

Ashley said...

I love reading your blog Chels. You write so poetically. It can be hard waiting for that right guy to come along. He will. Just keep doing what your doing..being awesome :) and he'll come.