I love good quotes! I collect them.
This girl always has beautiful ones, which is part of the reason I stalk her blog.
She introduced me to Hafiz, a Persian poet who lived from 1320-1390.
Here are some of his quotes:
This place where you are right now,
God circled on a map for you.
Now
That
All your worry
Has proved such an
Unlucrative
Business,
Why
Not
Find a better
Job.
One regret, dear world,
That I am determined not to have
When I am lying on my deathbed
Is that
I did not kiss you enough.
I should not make any promises right now,
But I know if you
Pray
Somewhere in this world -
Something good will happen.
And my personal favorite
"I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness
the astonishing light of your own being"


2 comments:
Oh my goodness, I LOVE Hafiz!! Funny that we both discovered him...kind of obscure...this is my favorite one:
"We have not come here to take prisoners,
But to surrender ever more deeply
To freedom and joy.
We have not come into this exquisite world
To hold ourselves hostage from love.
Run my dear,
From anything
That may not strengthen
Your precious budding wings.
Run like hell my dear,
From anyone likely
To put a sharp knife
Into the sacred, tender vision
Of your beautiful heart.
We have a duty to befriend
Those aspects of obedience
That stand outside of our house
And shout to our reason
"O please, O please,"
Come out and play.
For we have not come here to take prisoners
Or to confine our wondrous spirits,
But tp experience ever and ever more deeply
Our divine courage, freedom, and
Light!"
~Hafiz
Well I think you just introduced me! I love them. THanks for sharing. And I love the new blog background. You are so cute chels. Love you!
Post a Comment