Friday, July 30, 2010

Love Story

This is my lovely sister Jaime. Most of you know her and can agree, she is drop dead gorgeous. You can't tell from this picture though, because she is trying to escape me while I photograph her so she can be the star of this post. She's a wee bit camera-shy. But look at that lovely long dark hair. And that stunning profile. Yes, even from the backside (or maybe especially from the backside...) She is beautiful.
Ok, enough of that. Now, to her love story.
Are you excited? Me too.
Jaime doesn't want to get married in this life. She's betrothed to a stripling warrior, they're going to be sealed in the next life. At least, that's what she likes to say.
But guess what?
I have met her stripling warrior.
He is a hunk.
And a spiritual giant.
Let me introduce you:

We like to call him Wayney-poo.
You might remember him from before... He and Jaime went to Jr. Prom together.

You can see why we like him.
Duh.
They met in the home ward, he moved in when they were both 12.
They were secretly in love the whole time, but neither of them realized it until several weeks ago, so they pretended they were just buds. Mostly thanks to lots of nudging from the older sisters, they discovered their unrequited passion. After all, what are sisters for?
Anyway, it wasn't great timing.
He entered the MTC on Wednesday, headed for the Chile Vina del Mar mission.
Jaime is very sad and lonely.
Comfort in the form of sugar would be greatly appreciated.
Please stay tuned for the next two years for updates on the love story that never ends....

**Jaime would like me to note that she does not endorse this message**

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh how cute!!! I always watch Gilmore Girls with a ton of junk food when I'm feeling down, my particular favourite episode for this circumstance is 'the breakup part 2'. Have you seen it? Rory is sad because she's broken up with Dean, but doesn't want to be one of 'those girls' you know the ones who get all down because the guy isn't in their lives any more... but at the end she realises wallowing and eating junk food is the best option and my all time favourite quote 'I'm ready to wallow now' as she breaks down sobbing. Then her Mom is absolutely awesome and orders MORE junk food.
Okay I just realised I'm pretty sad. But yeah, encourage her to wallow! It's tough when missionaries leave!

Isabelle Wright said...

You are lucky that your sister is really, absurdly nice. If this were me, I would totally kill you. But trust me, I know from experience how hard it is when your best friend leaves. ISABELLE TO THE RESCUE!! Sugar is...coming....sometime...

gigi said...

The only thing I can think to say is:

!!!!!!!

Which is exactly what I said when Katheryn wrote about Micah coming home.

BrittanyB said...

wait, so do she and Wayne really like each other or are you just being funny?

HeritageoftheLord said...

Oh my gosh!!! I love this!!!!
We are such good nudgers- (Ok so I didn't have to nudge Wayne, he just liked her on his own, he's just smart like that). You know, I am just glad that they finally caught on, it just fills my heart with so much joy!!

Ashley said...

Wouldn't that be awesome? Both amazing people :) :) Ah, Jamie, you're bound to be the first married off with your NO-BOYS mentality :)

Emily said...

Awww, cute Jaime. Waiting for a missionary sucks, but can totally be done. This is what it takes: fun girlfriends, who like to go do crazy things on Saturday nights, like shopping cart rallies behind the Albertsons on University Parkway. Second, a tape player, so that you can record tapes and send them back and forth to each other. That way he'll never forget the musical, magical voice of love. Third, dates. Don't sit around and wait. Go on lots and lots of dates so that when he comes home, you know if you actually like him or not. Otherwise, you'll date him because you HAVE to and then you'll marry him because you waited all that time and don't want to disappoint anyone. So, DATE. Just don't get married.

Anonymous said...

I knew that "waiting til the next life" thing wouldn't really work out. :-D
he's cuuuute.