FAMILY!!!
I LOVE YOU!!
Can you tell? haha. Ok first of all, THANK YOU for that package! It was perfect! Way to follow the spirit ;) And I loved the tape, I'll be sending it back soon. LOVED Daryl playing the piano, I had to keep rewinding it and playing it to my roommates, who were so impressed and basically just really excited to hear something that wasn't a hymn. I bragged about him a lot. And you all make me happy. Make sure Chris talks this time though! I was so sad! And thanks Mom for the dear elder last night, it was perfect timing. It's been a little bit of a rough week. But still so awesome! I love being a missionary. Don't regret it even one tiny bit. Tell Brianne I said she needs to go on a mission. JUST DO IT! Best decision ever and she would be amazing at it.
OK so mucho to say. This week was awesome.
Oh funny story, so I spend all my free time memorizing scriptures and the elders like to tease me about it. I told them that it's because my dad doesn't believe in wasting time and he likes to memorize stuff as we hike and junk. And then they were bugging me about the amount of veggies I eat without ever having salad dressing and I told them it was because I miss my dad's veggie shakes. And when I was talking about them Pistorius said, "Your house is sounding more and more like a concentration camp." I love it though :)
Other than that, the French is going awesome, we've started speaking mostly french all the time and starting tomorrow we're speaking only French in the classroom. From now on! Booyah! The elders are doing so good. And the first couple weeks I was pretty much bored out of my mind so the teachers let Sr. W and I start teaching. So things are going better.
AND I LOVE THE GOSPEL!! It's true. And the devotional this week was so great! It was Elder Kevin Pearson of the Seventy and it was about principles of spiritual power and he mostly focused on understanding our divine identity. I feel like they really pound that one into our heads. He talked about finding out what a disciple of christ is and then saying, "if I am a disciple of Christ, then I am no longer what:" So that was the focus of my study this week. You should all do it! It's empowering.
Quoi d'autre. Oh, funny story. So this is how much we struggle in the MTC with missing real music: the elders think I'm good at singing. They call me soul sister. And this week one of them made me audition for this musical group and I made it. So I'll be singing for some ecclesiastical dinner and then for a devotional the DAY before I LEAVE! Party.
My life is a party all the time.
What else to say? There's not a whole lot new that happens. I spend all day every day in a box with my elders. PS, Elders are like children sometimes. You look at them and you just love them, always, but sometimes you just want to duct tape them to the wall. It's fun though.
And my teacher is getting married tomorrow! We're so excited for him! You guys should go to his reception, I can tell you where it's at. Tell him hi for me :) We love him and his soon to be wife is super cute. I LOVE EVERYONE. I seriously have made so many new amazing friends here. At least I think they're amazing. They all think I'm crazy. And that I speak french too fast. But it's so funny to speak really fast and have them just look at me blankly. Too good to pass up.
Oh, and tell Sister Reid thank you for the package!! I loved it! Hooray for healthy treats! These emails are so scattered. I'm losing my mind a little bit. But I'm getting way better at teaching and testifying! That's the important part, right?
Oh and tell Mark I think he's a stud for being so righteous. And tell everyone hi for me! The whole world! I miss them all. And I'm SO ridiculously stoked to be in the mission field, I can't even tell you. Can you believe I've been here for a month already? So bizarre, it went by so fast. One down, 17 to go! Augh. Every day I'm sad that there's one day less that I'll be a missionary. Seriously I could be a missionary the rest of my life.
Ok I'm out of time again, always and forever. I love you all! Oh and mom, the sisters LOVED your bread. But then, everyone always does. I LOVE you! You're the best mom ever. You and dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment