Monday, November 29, 2010

Soer Larsen: Part IV

FAMILY!!! Happy Thanksgiving! And CONGRASTS to Kai are in order, I hear. Oh love :)
haha
OK so no offense family, I love you and all, but this Thanksgiving was the BEST thanksgiving of my LIFE! AMAZING. All because of the morning devotional. GUESS who it was? I'm not gonna tell you til next week. Just for suspense.
Don't worry, not really.
Elder Holland. And his entire family. And because I stood in line for two hours, I was about ten feet from him. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. The devotional was almost two hours long and I bawled from the moment he walked into the room and we all stood up, so I then had an intense headache all day. Worth it though. Ok so first he walks in and you just KNOW he's a man of God and it was powerful. Then, kill me, he had all his grandchildren come up and sing "My Heavenly Father Loves Me". He said, let the Hollands be your family today, I don't want anyone to be homesick. Let these children be your brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews. So of course I thought of Chris and about had a breakdown. Not like a bad breakdown, like homesick or anything, just thinking of him and how happy he makes me and how I miss the cute things he does and how I hope my mission is a good thing for him and that he'll go on a mission too.
Anyway, the rest of the devotional was amazing. I've never felt so joyful, so glowy, so absolutely transfigured by the knowledge of the sacred nature of my calling, of the power of the work, of the incredible love of our Heavenly Father and our Savior. Nobody can testify about the Atonement like Elder Holland. He also talked to us about the kind of missionaries we should be, and said, "Today I am grateful for what you are to me as a grandfather". He talked about who we appear to be to the little children who see us, and how we should always live up to that image. He talked about the purpose of missionary work and I felt like I'll never be the same again. It was a sacred experience.
MY LIFE IS AMAZING! I don't know how I got here. I don't know what I did to deserve being a missionary in the last days, but I will forever be grateful. Being a missionary is the most amazingly phenomenal thing ever. Everyone do it! You have no idea how much the Lord loves his missionaries. NO idea. I still have no idea. I've only cracked the surface and it blows my mind. The power that is available to the people who are doing the Lord's work is incredible. This is the most important thing that is happening on earth today. I'm so grateful to be a part of it! I don't want it to end.
Ok, next thing, I told you last week about Elder Pearson's devotional... that devotional has changed my mission. He shared a scripture that I read again this week, 3 Ne. 5:13 (I hope that's it, if not it's verse 12, that's embarrassing) and that scripture hit me harder than any scripture has before. It was like a mallot in the chest.
And I feel like Devin is with me, especially when I teach the plan of salvation. I brought his picture and I feel like he's here, helping with the work. I hope that's ok to say. Tell Dave and Lisa I think about them. And I need Brianne's address.
I think about all of you :)
Um, anyway I love all you people, I'll try not to think about how much fun you're having without me in Salt Lake this weekend. 
I LOVE YOU!!!! Thanks for all the letters and pictures!!
Love,
Soeur Larsen

1 comment:

Rebecca Sky said...

Dearest cousin, I didn't know you could blog?!? Or did you send letters to your family and they posted them here? I sure miss you; this entry brought me to tears :)