Like the subject? I was trying to be cool like Daryl.
HOW ARE YOU ALL???
Was this as big a week for you as it was for me? Jaime you turned 20! What the heck?! When was that allowed to happen? You're so old, you're going to pass me up one of these days.
So yeah, that was last Saturday.... Did you guys love conference? Haha. It was broadcast to only a few chapels around France so we had a big giant party here in Versailles with all the members from Paris and everywhere. They broadcast it in the chapel in French and in the Relief Society room in english so the RS room was just full of missionaries and I just have to say that all the marriage talks, as well as the talk by Elder Cook, (which I loved, of course) were kinda funny to watch when surrounded by elders. Conference was bittersweet, as opposition abounds when we're trying to accomplish so much good, so only one of our amis ended up making it to church to watch it. She loved it though, she just sat there after the saturday afternoon session with her hand over her mouth. LOVED the choir. She's so funny though, she's 70 ish and from Madagascar and my favorite was her comment about the prophet, "oh la la, comme il a grossi, lui!" (translation: oh my, he's gotten fat!) Granted, I think the only picture we've shown her of him was about 10 years old, but still, you don't have anything else to say about him? Afterwards we were riding the bus home together and I asked her if she believed he was really a prophet of God and she looked at me funny and said, what, you don't believe? I said no no no, I believe, I just wanted to know if you did. She looked at me sternly and said, "of course he is. We don't call him a prophet unless he's a prophet." Silly me.
Manna I feel gross. We've spent the last five hours just walking around Paris, we were supposed to meet a couple amis at Notre Dame (a bunch of english speaking, agnostic, au pairs who are super cute) and I was super excited because there is just nothing like teaching young adults, they're super open and have really good questions, and they believe your testimony and don't just tell us that we're too young to know better. But then one of them got lost on the way so we never met up. But then we walked all over the Luxembourg gardens with an ami named Norbert (doesn't that name make you happy? me too) and gave him the first lesson and it was the BEST. Because he was funny and again, young adult and therefore awesome, and atheist as of about five years ago but willing to experiment, and I just love how the story of the first vision never fails to frappe them with the spirit, even when you're just meandering through a park with about 4 thousand scantily clad french people. So it was hot and sweaty and dusty but beautiful and I got sunburned on my nose. I LOVE talking to people about the gospel. It was funny because Norbert offered to just give us a tour and tell us about all the lovely things around us because he said, it's your p-day and I'll let you take a break from doing what you do. And I said, in all honesty, nothing would fill my heart with more joy than to be able to tell these things that I feel so strongly about to someone who is actually willing to hear them. So he let us talk. And it was WONDERFUL.
I love the people we meet, there's so many good ones and not enought time to tell about all of them. I'll just talk your ears off when I get home, k? Anyway, must be off now. Off to teach an atheist chain-smoker about life after death. Haha! The work is going wonderfully here in Versailles, we've been super blessed, and I'm excited for the weeks to come, we should have several baptisms, if faith and prayer and endless walking can bring it about. It usually works....
Love you all! I like all the stories about Daryl, he's the bomb. And Christian's a nut. And Mark is the bomb too. And Kari's an angel. And Jaime is 20! Don't enjoy finals too much, k? K. And mom and dad, I love you to death, thank you for the letters and prayers! They're needed.
The church is true!!
Oh, I had a good quote to send you, remind me next time. Ok bye.
Love love love love
Soeur Larsen
No comments:
Post a Comment