This week I was actually ordered by Sister Staheli to stay in bed and sleep unless absolutely necessary. I was mostly obedient. (Don't worry, I'm fine) So whenever we didn't have a lesson I was at the apartment. Also I just can't sleep that much without drugging myself so I got a LOT of studying done and it was SO good! I finished Jesus the Christ, I can't believe I've never read that before, that book is the best. And I read the easter story in all of the gospels. I especially love the way you see the apostles change between the time before the crucifixion and then all the stories happening in Acts. Because beforehand the Savior talks multiple times about his crucifixion and resurrection but they really just don't understand what's going on, and then when he actually dies they just go to pieces. He was everything to them, he was their Savior and their teacher and their friend, and then suddenly he's gone. But seeing him again three days later changes absolutely everything and then all throughout the book of Acts their just testifying and baptizing like crazy. The thing that changed was the absolute knowledge they had that Jesus Christ really had done everything he had said he would do, he had overcome even death. Then later nothing anyone says or does can dissuade them. It's the best. I feel like one day I'll see the Savior and I'll realize that I could've been a lot more fearless about testifying; I know I need to be. The more fearless about our testimony we are now, the more triumphant it will feel when he comes! Then we can turn to those who never knew or listened and say, "See! I told you he would come!" I can't wait for that day. One of our amis, Claudin (the atheist chain smoker) wants so badly to believe in God but just doesn't see how we can do it. She kept asking it last week over and over, "how do you believe? How can you believe in someone you can't see?" And I can't wait for her to see Him, to have Him just love her. I hope she learns how to see Him before he actually comes :)
My favorite quote I found this week is from Spencer W. Kimball, he was talking to a man about forgiveness and the man commented about how sometimes forgiveness can seem to require a superhuman effort. President Kimball replied, " We are commanded to be supermen. Said the Lord, 'Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.' We are gods in embryo, and the Lord demands perfection of us." We are gods in embryo! I love it! I love the constant striving to be better! I like that amidst all that striving, we are also commanded to rejoice! It's possible to do both, I'm learning. Mostly my companion and the Spirit have been teaching me, since I have a tendency to be hard on myself... haha. It was fun teaching this to Norbert, we were talking about the kingdoms of glory and he was like, I don't think the celestial kingdom sounds like the place for me. And I said, look Norbert, do you want to be with your wife forever? And he nodded. And then I said, do you want to continue forever to learn and grow and create and be awesome? And he said yes, and I said, then the celestial kingdom is the ONLY place for you, my friend. What a great plan! Booyah.
Other sweet quote, "In the next generation, Heavenly Father will be sending His priesthood army to the earth and wants to send them to mothers who have been properly trained and taught in the gospel. What better training can a young woman have than a mission?" --President Gordon B. Hinckley
So booyah, I'm being trained. I think it's just the sisters who need extra training who get sent on missions. Some of us just started out rougher than others, haha.
Wow, my brain hurts from trying to be so uplifting.
Are you all excited for Easter? Guess what! I'm giving a talk next sunday! Easter Sunday, no pressure. Wish me luck!
Have an awesome week!
I love you all! Mostly :)
Peace,
Soeur Larsen
No comments:
Post a Comment