Monday, May 2, 2011

Soer Larsen: Part XXIV

I LOVE Belgium with all my heart and soul. I don't know what I was so nervous about. When will I learn that the Lord always knows better than we do? Haha. Well I was brokenhearted to leave my district and my beautiful ville and my wonderful ward and amis, but I got the perfect sendoff. I got to give a talk on Easter Sunday and it went really well and I got the chance to bear my testimony and thank the ward and it was so fun to talk to people afterwards. I have a bunch of offers for places to stay, should I ever save up enough money to come back :) Mom and Dad, I'm pretty sure you have to come pick me up from my mission, it's not really an option. Because I want to go back and visit my villes and I want you to meet everyone!
So Sunday afternoon we had lunch with a Mormon, her Jewish boyfriend, and their Catholic friend and we shared the Joseph Smith story. If we'd only had a very more religious representatives it would've been perfect... Then Monday we had a ward bbq and it was SO fun and SO good, it was fun/sad to say goodbye to everyone and Elder Helvey and I mostly moped around because we're the only ones in our district who were getting transferred.
Tuesday I dragged Soeur Reeves around (I may have passed my sickness on...) so that I could see everyone before I left. My favorite was Julia and Rui, they were so sad when they found out I was leaving, Rui even teared up during the prayer and wanted to give me a hug before I left. I got a big tall black man to love me, I feel like I did my job :) I told him that the next time I see him he'll be a member of the Church and he nodded. He KNOWS it's true!
Wednesday was transfers, and all through the almost two hour train ride I was just sick to my stomach. I felt blue all over again, being in a country I don't know at all without a single familiar face in my district. But I have the best zone in the WORLD, and wednesday night my new comp and I talked about the transfer and our goals and discovered we were SOULMATES as far as what we both want to work on and how we balance out each others weaknesses. I LOVE her, she's a worker and a half. The work here in Strombeck has been dragging a little bit so we've spent the last couple days on just a contacting blitz and I've never been so happy in my life! Thursday we tripled the copies of the Book of Mormon I'd ever given away in one day, and we were just giddy all day long. We've had some of the coolest experiences already. We contaced a whole basketball court full of guys, that was an interesting experience. I'm so much braver with a missionary tag on than I ever was before. The field is white, already to harvest! I can't stop smiling.
Oh ps, our ward is totally bizarre. I think there's actually more Americans than anything else and sacrament meeting was conducted in English, with people singing the hymns in both English and French. So bizarre. Guess who's in my ward though? Super weird and random. Erin Glover, my former supervisor at the computer lab. I looked over and saw her in Relief Society and was like, what the heck are we both doing in Belgium?! Small world :)

Well the library is closing for lunch... LOVE YOU!!

No comments: