Sunday, August 21, 2011

Soeur Larsen: Part XXXVIII

Comment ca va? Guess what? I went to Paris again this week! Crazy huh? I feel like it's my summer home or something. We did exchanges this week and I got to be with Sister Williams for a day! It was just like the good old days, except that now we're in Paris instead of Provo...slight difference... she's wonderful and I love her with all my heart. And I LOVE Paris, it's beautiful now that it's summer. And I got to do a visitor's center shift, just like the good old days, except more fun now because there's a piano in the center and so we played and sang hymns to entice passersby. And THEN Elder Dick, who is ridiculously talented, came in and played and sang "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis in FRENCH. My heart cried, probably.
And then, cool story, so I prayed that on the train home I would be able to talk to someone who needed the gospel, and then because I was going to be alone I said it's be nice if it were easy and as an afterthought I added that it'd be nice if this person spoke english because my brain was tired of french. Lo and behold, (prayers are answered, I don't know how many times I've said that line in the last 10 months) I sit down in the train and the guy who sits next to me was like 28 years old, a nice, normal looking guy and he turned to me and said "vous parlez anglais?" Why yes I do! He had a phone problem and needed help and then after that we talked for the whole hour plus long train ride. He's dutch but studied in the states and was familiar with the church a little bit because he said he saw our temple in New York. He had a lot of questions and it was wonderful. Too bad he lives over in Elder McCarlie's mission. Oh well, he can baptize him.
And I had a lot more to say but I have to go! I will write a better one next week! Love you!

Soeur Larsen

No comments: