Friday, June 22, 2012

A Recent Conversation with Myself

Hmm. I think I shall meander over to facebook...
Really, Chelsie? It's friday night and you want to check facebook?
Hey, maybe cool people are online! And they want to do cool things and we will all do cool things together!
Yeah, nobody cool is online right now, Chels. It's friday night.
You never know. I'm cool, and I'm on there.
Stop. Stop it right now. Don't go. No one is there.
You know, this is why facebook is so great! All these wonderful people like me who just are unsure of what they would like to be doing and who they would like to be doing things with can all find each other.
I don't think facebook helps with that. When has that ever worked for you?
Oh shut up.

So my new question: DOES facebook help us get together? Or did people get together more BEFORE facebook simply because they had nothing to rely on but themselves to get out and have social interaction?
Does this make any sense?
Social laziness. That's the phrase I was looking for.

I need to find better friday night activities.

No comments: