Friday, August 17, 2012

Blackberry Jumprope

Today was one of those days where not a single worthwhile song is playing on the radio
So instead, you do the only rational thing
Sing your own songs at the top of your lungs
And dance
And smile and wave at the people staring at you from the next lane
Because even though they try to make a 'you're crazy, lady' face
You know that they have these days too

You know what is a really fun part of being a teacher?
Being really excited about something
And one day teaching it well enough
that you see that same excitement catch in the person you're teaching
And their eyes light up, and they go, "Oooooh...."
And you know something has begun

I just put socks on a teddy bear.
Socks that went all the way up his fuzzy little thighs
He's getting dressed up for a date with another teddy bear
Now he's wearing a bow tie
They're going to a wedding
According to Chris

Tomorrow I'm taking a plane ride to somewhere I've never been
I love plane rides
They're way up there on my long list of things that make me giddy
Wish me luck!

No comments: