Thursday, August 16, 2012

Writer's Block.

My dear ginormous crowd of adoring fans
I can hear your screams from here
on my little barstool.
She's back! You cry. She has returned at last!
I don't have to keep re-reading the posts from the last two years
in a frantic attempt to have a little 'Chelsie' in my life.
I know your pain.
I do apologize.

I have writer's block.
So for the next two minutes, I am going to write every random thought that comes into my head.
In an attempt to blast that stupid block to smithereens.
blackberries are delicious.
all berries are delicious, actually. Thank the Lord for creating such delectable little desserts that just hang about, waiting to be picked off and popped into the mouth. Brilliant idea.
I am just now realizing how expensive health insurance is.
Why did life become so expensive? We all owe more money than we could possibly make, so no one ever actually gets paid and we're all unhappy.
That sounded a little bitter, didn't it?
I'm too young to be bitter.
Today we did an activity with the missionaries where we were talking about questions you could ask people to get them interested in the Book of Mormon. One of the teachers came up with, "If there were a book that had all the answers to every question of the soul, what question would you be thinking about as you read it?"
I liked that question a lot.
What question would you be thinking about?
I also watched a CES training by Elder Bednar today, and he gave two examples of questions to illustrate the difference between a bad question and a good question. 
"Elder Bednar, where is the sword of Laban?"
"Elder Bednar, as one of the only 14 men on earth who had the privilege of being present when President Monson was called to be the Prophet, what was that like?"
Can you tell which one's bad and which one's good?
Yeah, I wanted to know the answer to the sword one too.
There's a wedding reception going on in our backyard this evening, it's all set up and pretty.
Sometimes I wonder where people get all these creative ideas.
Don't say pinterest.
I will shoot you.
I didn't know pinterest existed when I got back from my mission, and it's one of those things that I have refused to accept since then. I survived just fine this far without it, and I am determined to make it the rest of my life in like manner.
Yesterday I took my glasses to several different places to get them fixed, and when the last one confirmed what the others had said: that I should just get new glasses, I smashed them in my fist as I walked away.
It was oddly satisfying.
Sometimes I wonder what kind of old lady I will be.
I hope kids think I'm funny and not scary.
I was always scared of old ladies.
Odd, considering that on the list of people to be legitimately afraid of, old ladies really don't even make an appearance.
But then, if I've learned anything as a sociology major, it's that we humans don't make that much sense anyway.
I felt like a scholarly snob saying that. It was kind of fun.

Well, my two minutes are up.
I feel slightly less blocked.
And the day is made for my fans, which is all I really care about.
I'm just that good a person.

4 comments:

BrittanyB said...

Yes, there are some of us waiting for regularly posted updates like the ones we enjoyed while you were on your mission. And you and I are on the same page with Pinterest. Don't give in!

HeritageoftheLord said...

I think you will be a funny old lady- scary people usually aren't so cute and short;)

I walked by the wedding reception in your backyard- it looked fantastic- your yard is amazing.

You are hilareeishious and I love you!

Unknown said...

I loved this post. I went to a fireside where Elder Bednar started his talk with those two questions, we were then invited to ask him better questions. He also said 'if you want to play stump the apostle you win, I forfeit.' Yes some people didn't get the message at the beginning. He answered the sword of Laban one: 'I don't know and I don't care'.
It was a super good fireside!

radair said...

Bahahahaha!!!! Reading your blog is seriously the best work out since it makes me laugh so much.
P.S the worst decision I made was putting pinterest on my phone. It is now always in my pocket and a constant temptation. It's bad.