Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Why my life is the bee's knees

I really like food.
This morning at work, during one of the few moments when I wasn't knee deep in inspirational gospel topics, I wondered what I would eat for lunch.
And then it came to me.
So after work I promptly came home and made it.
And it is just as good as I imagined.
Don't you love it when that happens?
If you want to join me in my present state of euphoria, I'd recommend taking a sundried tomato cheddar bagel, slicing it in half, placing some tomato slices on top in an aesthetically pleasing manner, topping those with some thick slices of pepperjack cheese, and broiling the whole beautiful thing til the cheese is melted. Then eat it and try not to cry with joy.

Also, I'm not sure why, but my roommate and I have been kind of hyper all week. We're excited in the morning, we're excited in the afternoon, we're excited at nighttime. We don't go to bed when we should and we have dance parties and we sing and we tell each other how excited we are. Anyone who could shed light on the possible explanations behind these symptoms would be greatly appreciated.

Yesterday I made a really great decision. I decided to go to the devotional on campus, and the speaker talked about gratitude. He said people who make a conscious effort to be more grateful are more loving, forgiving, and optimistic. They tend to exercise more, and have better health in general. Gratitude and negative emotion cannot coexist.
Do you ever wonder what the Lord wants you to be doing each day? The apostle Paul said it is to rejoice, to pray, and in everything to give thanks.

 Here's some tips:
1. Keep a gratitude journal. Ask yourself, "have I seen the hand of God reach out to me today?"
2. Add more 'thank you' to your vocabulary
3. Take time to write thank you notes and letters of appreciation to others. It will help you identify, remember, and express things you're grateful for
4. Live in the moment, find the joys of the present
5. Express gratitude in prayer

As he talked, I thought about my life.
And you know what? It's the best one I've ever had :)

No comments: