Hey guys! Remember that time that you were all like, "You're the worst blogger ever! You need to blog more! We never know what's happening and you're supposed to be letting us live vicariously through you! Repent!" And I was like, oh man, you guys are totally right.. Remember that time? Those were good times. We'll laugh about them someday.
Here I am, repenting.
So, sometimes I like to give myself random challenges. I got back to DC on Monday, the 11th, (at 4 AM, which was a party and a half) and my dear sister Jaime is coming to town to visit me on the 21st. And I have no groceries, obviously, because I was gone for 3 weeks, but I do have some food, including a 20 lb. bag of quinoa. And when Jaime comes, I want to really show her the town and take her to my favorite places to eat, so, I probably should save money for that. All of these things are going to make sense in a minute.
So I decided it would be fun to see if I could go without spending any money on food until Jaime comes into town. Which means my diet is limited mostly to quinoa and water, and the other random ingredients I have in my cupboards. I'm pretty excited about this.
This morning I made these, and they actually are pretty delicious. See how pretty?
Also, tender mercies, people have been giving me food randomly. The other day a friend of mine gave me a bag of home-grown tomatoes. And another friend bought me ice cream yesterday. So I'm living pretty large.
Being back has been fun. I got back into the office, and it feels good to have an office to go to and to see my coworkers and to feel like an adult. I missed my roommate and my friends and my awesome view from my window.
I went to Dupont Circle yesterday for the first time. Fun fact, that is a cute part of town, but the actual circle part is a little park that is a magnet for druggies. I saw humans doing some WEIRD things while I sat on a cute park bench and ate my ice cream.
Ah, DC. I missed you.
2 comments:
Wow! Good luck with that challenge. I'd fail.
And how exciting that Jaime is coming to visit! I wish I was there...
Grass is always greener.
I've made chocolate cake out of quinoa, requires a few more ingredients than quinoa and water. Good luck with the challenge :)
Post a Comment