I have this amazing roommate, I know I've told you about her already. She's awesome. She goes to the family ward, and every Sunday she bakes 4 loaves of fresh, amazing bread. She picks the 2 most perfect loaves and takes them to church to be used for the Sacrament, and the other 2 loaves are for the two of us to eat throughout the week.
This bread is so good. It's fluffy and white and probably terrible for you but so good. People are always asking her to teach them how to make it, and she loves to share. Today after church I went and joined her at the home of a family in her ward, where she was teaching the two 6-year-old boys how to make the bread. They said they usually try to sneak handfuls of bread from the sacrament tray on Sundays, so they were SUPER excited not only at the thought of each having a loaf of their own to eat, but also because this week, THEY get to be the ones providing the Sacrament bread. It was fun to watch them, and I thought what a fun thing that would be to do with my own kids. It would give new meaning to the Sacrament.
So when we got home, my roomie taught me how to make the bread too. Right now it's in the oven, and I'm pretty excited about it. I feel like quite the domestic goddess.
In other news, the weather here in DC is beautiful, I walked around the monuments the other night and it was PERFECT, I couldn't get over it. Also aside from the weather, the monuments at night are probably my favorite thing. Also super romantic. Next time you come to DC, bring your lover and walk hand-in-hand around the monuments at night. You're welcome. Feel free to name your next child after me.
There hasn't been much exciting stuff going on. It's been nice getting kind of settled back in, yesterday I did laundry and cleaned and organized my room. I told a friend of mine that at a dinner party last night and she said, "Again??" in a loud voice which then led to table-wide speculation about whether I'm OCD or a slob.
I'm neither, in case you were wondering. Heh heh....
This week's going to be a party though because JAIME is COMING TO DC!! I'm so excited I could wet myself. My best friend, my better half, the other star of the stand-up comedy show that is my life, is finally coming to see the town that I have fallen in love with and I couldn't be more excited about it. Everywhere I've gone this past week I keep thinking about how I need to bring Jaime there, or imagining how Jaime will react. I just want her to be as much in love as I am. So, I'll keep you updated on all of her reactions. Be excited. It's gonna be amaaaazing.
Happy Sabbath!
2 comments:
This post, although enjoyable as usual, was confusing for me. Doesn't your mom make bread, like, regularly? But you waited to learn from your roommate? :-D
I have been making sourdough bread lately instead of buying bread. I love baking bread and feeling like a domestic goddess! I'm sure you and Jaime will have a blast!
Post a Comment