On the eve of my 27th birthday, I'm having one of those, "how have I even been alive for 27 years?? What did I do with all of that time??" moments. So, to make myself feel better (and for your everlasting entertainment) I'm writing a list of 27 things I've done in these 27 years.
1. Was born. Nailed it.
2. Modeled in Japan
3. Learned to speak, read, and write English like a boss
4. Grew a whole mouth full of teeth. Twice.
5. Memorized and recited "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" as well as "Green Eggs and Ham" as a toddler, to the delight of guests in the Larsen household
6. Graduated from Elementary School - with flying colors
7. Lived through an entire year of middle school before deciding to homeschool instead
8. Had my picture taken to be a poster girl for BYU Independent Study. Apparently my picture got tossed in favor of someone hotter. Still one of the biggest bummers of my life.
9. Stalked my high school crush and was asked to stop by one of his friends #awkward
10. Dropped out of high school as a result. LOL jk.
11. Joined the swim team, conveniently became afflicted with the worst case of swimmer's ear the doctor had ever seen just in time for the Regional swim meet
12. Made it until my 19th birthday before both getting my driver's license and being kissed. Big year.
13. Worked a summer in the BYU computer lab and managed to eat my weight in powdered donuts #lifegoals
14. Learned French, was a missionary in France and Belgium, and had my skirt fall off in the metro, to the delight? horror? of my fellow passengers
15. Learned to make French mousse from an amazing French lady, used it to seduce my husband
16. Met a hottie online, talked him into becoming my husband
17. Kissed 10 boys before finding said husband, something I had previously told a coworker I would NEVER EVER do because EW. Never say never, right?
18. Lived in Utah, Japan, California, France, Belgium, DC, San Diego, and South Carolina
19. Bought a house! (Almost)
20. Bought three cars. Gave one away, sold two, inherited my current car from Husband
21. Graduated from BYU! Now we're really out of order. I'm just writing things as I remember them.
22. Started to get a spotty memory, apparently #oldage
23. Got really, really, really good at hashtags
24. Worked as a mower of lawns, landscaper, salsa maker, computer lab assistant, blogger, web designer, temple worker, french teacher, executive assistant, artist, and now unemployed housewife and recipe tester
25. Read the Book of Mormon a grand total of 27 times, and Anna of Byzantium 10 times. Don't know why, that book just gets me.
26. Got pulled over 6 times, and only got ticketed twice. It's my adorable face.
27. Drove across America 5 times, 3 times solo
Not bad. I was really on a roll there at the end, too bad I'm only 27. I hope you all enjoyed this more than I did. If not, I'm sorry about that time. You don't get it back. That's life, I've learned. I'm so wise, now that I'm almost 27.
No comments:
Post a Comment