Friday, July 11, 2008

101 Things

Okay peeps, I saw Diane do this on her blog and it looked like fun and also hard, you have to list 101 things about yourself. So this one's about me, if you're here to check up on the fam then skip this long list because I'm being selfish today :) Also please skip number 32.
1. I'm reading War and Peace.
2. I'm reading War and Peace because I'm a recovering solitaire addict. When I started dreaming in solitaire, I knew something had to be done.
3. I'm really excited for school to start again
4. I wish I could make my excitement last beyond the first week
5. I'll be 19 in less than 2 weeks
6. I'm afraid I'm growing up too fast and not accomplishing as much as I'm supposed to
7. I love to listen to Billy Joel while running in the rain
8. I love music!
9. Singing gives me my biggest high
10. I don't think I have a very good voice
11. I wish I had one of those voices that just left people in awe when they heard it
12. I can't dance worth beans
13. I love to dance when no one is watching
14. Cleaning the kitchen is therapeutic for me, I just turn on the music and off I go
15. Sometimes I stand in front of the mirror and pretend I'm a famous actress, one that makes people laugh and cry and is absolutely entrancing
16. I can't make a normal face in front of the camera.
17. Maybe I don't have a normal face
18. I wish I had a fancy camera, so I could capture the beautiful and surprising world I live in
19. Because I can't seem to capture it with art
20. I have next to no confidence in my art ability since BYU shot me down
21. I think I'm going to major in English, with minors in sociology and French
22. I'm afraid I won't be able to accomplish my mission here on earth
23. I want to be like my mom, but I don't think it's possible
24. I love being with the fam! Especially the extended family
25. I secretly think I'm the bad egg in the family
26. I've played the piano for almost 11 years now, and all I can play is hymns
27. I wish I could play the piano like Daryl, because like singing, playing the piano gives me a high
28. I envy a lot of people
29. I want my hair to grow faster
30. I love the fall, I think it might be my favorite season
31. I'm picking up poetry writing again, but I keep my poems secret
32. I wax my mustache. (too much information? I feel like that's my dirty little secret and I had to let it out. I feel so much lighter now.)
33. I love BYU football games! Especially in extreme conditions
34. I wish I were on a mission like all my guy friends, I have this fear that I won't make it to 21 without getting married
35. I love to listen to smart people talk
36. I hate it when smart people ask me to contribute to the conversation, I always go blank
37. I love watching people. I love trying to guess things about them based on how they look and what they do
38. I love new notebooks, and new school supplies in general
39. Before I die, I need to go to Europe
40. I want to go to Cambodia and teach people English
41. I want to do something important, I want to put myself in situations that force me to grow
42. I love to travel! But I hate leaving behind the ones I love
43. I don't like change when it takes people away. I want the people I love to always be near me.
44. I always lose at arm wrestling because I start laughing. Also because I'm a weakling.
45. I love it when I lose my voice, or when (like last night) I get loopy off allergy medicine and talk slurred. For some reason I get a kick out of that.
46. I get emotional when I'm sick. I cried during Cool Runnings once.
47. I wish I had blue eyes, blue eyes are my favorite
48. Henry B. Eyring is my favorite apostle
49. I love love love getting letters
50. I love going out to eat for breakfast
51. I get the urge to giggle at the worst times. It used to happen every time I got a blessing from my dad.
52. I have this premature fear that I'm going to get divorced.
53. I love reading biographies of great people
54. I love it when books make me cry, but that's only happened about 3 times
55. I love buying clothes, new clothes always make me feel beautiful
56. I own way too many shirts, and I have them color coordinated in my closet
57. I don't generally like attention, especially in large groups, but I daydream about being famous a lot.
58. I like to give talks in church, I hate teaching lessons. Trying to get the audience to participate throws me off
59. I used to think I was a good cook, and then I moved out
60. When I'm in a clean environment, like my house, I'm the messy one. When I'm in a messy environment, like my apartment, I'm the OCD clean one.
61. I hate it when people don't like me, I'm not used to it.
62. When there are people I really look up to and admire, I don't make friends with them because what if they don't want to be my friend? I wait for them to approach me.
63. I wish I could play the guitar. I had a guitar in my possession for like, 10 months and I never did anything with it.
64. I love making to-do lists and making goals, and I love checking things off my lists.
65. I love people who make me laugh
66. My friends are amazing and I love them to death!
67. I love buying things for other people. Sometimes I go overboard, and one of these days I'll go broke
68. I love the smell of bookstores
69. I can't stand the feel of newspaper, or that slippery paper they use for receipts and stuff
70. I'm ticklish all over
71. I already have my wedding planned out, with different scenarios for different seasons
72. I love looking at wedding dresses, wedding cakes, and wedding flowers
73. I've listened to John Bytheway's "What I Wish I'd Known When I Was Single" so many times I could probably recite it
74. I'm definitely a morning person, but not always good at getting up in the morning
75. When I think about Christian and his adorableness, I get so excited and I feel like I'm full of balloons being inflated.
76. I want to inspire people
77. I'm worried about what people are going to say at my funeral
78. I've done kartwheels down every hallway in the JKB and I haven't been caught yet
79. I love water. Waterfalls, rain, waves, puddles, you name it.
80. I have a deep dark fear of big things underneath the water. Like when we went to the USS Arizona memorial, and I thought about the giant sunken ship beneath me, I almost wet myself.
81. Someday I want to go skydiving because I wish I could fly
82. I secretly love watching the Bachelor and the Bachelorette, but I think that's a very strange way to fall in love
83. I think the world is mainly inhabited by beautiful people
84. I love freshly shaved legs, they make me feel beautiful. No matter what the rest of me may look like.
85. I love calla lilies, I think they're gorgeous and elegant
86. My favorite musical group is the Irish Tenors, but I almost never say that when people ask.
87. I remember the date a guy first told me I was beautiful. I remember what he was wearing, what I was wearing, and where we were. Weird?
88. I love long car rides, especially in the rain or thunderstorms, and I love to just look out the window and watch things pass
89. I used to think I loved dogs, now I'm pretty sure I only like them from a distance. Or if they're puppies or really ancient, slow dogs.
90. I'm excited to have my own house so I can decorate it
91. Life in general fills me with joy and makes me dance. My life is really good.
92. I hate awkwardness, unless I'm watching it happen to someone else, or if I'm creating awkwardness on purpose
93. I don't do great with criticism
94. I wish I was good with people, and could just strike up conversations with strangers
95. I love the beach
96. I love doing service projects, but I'm not good at thinking them up, or finding people to do them with me. But if someone else invites me along, I'm all for it.
97. I let my Bio 100 course expire and now I have to take it during the semester. I hate that class.
98. I have a ring on my right hand that I found in a parking lot and it's missing a sparkly plastic diamond. But I hardly ever take it off.
99. I am my harshest critic and I almost never reach my own standards
100. I will never live down the fact that I'm almost 19 and still don't have my license.
TA DA!! That was harder than I thought it would be. Anywho, now you know more than you wanted and you should do it too!! Yay for life and random facts. Have a fabulous day. I wish I had more to say, because that took up an hour and a half of my work shift and I have five hours to go. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That was a fun read:) You should think about doing something that involves writing because you're pretty witty and funny!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that fun! So glad you played along.

Here's a little secret: Everyone does #32! If they say they don't they are lying. If they really don't, look closer, they probably need to.

Oh and #25 (in the extended family) is me or possibly David. But in your family it probably is you. LOL But I mean that in a good way! :-D

I enjoyed reading your 101!