Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Blond Daryl

Christian is a little blond Daryl, and people keep saying it, but it really struck me the other day when I was babysitting him. When he knows you don't want him to do something, he gets this really evil look on his face and then tries to do it. He won't even be sneaky about it, he just gives you this grin and then goes for it. SO Daryl. So Monday I was at home sitting with Chris on the couch when randomly he bangs his face down and then comes up again laughing. I realized, when looking down, that he had left a lovely slobber spot. "Chris, we don't eat the couch." I said. Then, he gives me this mischievous raised eyebrow grin and does it again, this time licking all over the couch. He kept doing it, sometimes dragging his face through it so when he sat up straight his hair stuck up and he smacked his lips together. "Num num num." I kept trying to make him stop which just made him laugh harder which made me laugh harder. It probably doesn't sound that funny when I try to describe it, but it was. I have Jaime as a witness. I'll see if I can get him to do it again and catch it on film. Anyway, this little exchange totally reminded me of Daryl, so I'm starting to believe people.

No comments: