So, I haven't really done anything worth taking pictures of yet. Mostly I work, hang out with the Bulkeleys/Rays, and go to YSA activities. Don't worry though--this weekend I'm heading to the Fresno temple with my ward, and next weekend I'm (FINALLY!!) going to the beach, so there will be pictures. This weekend was pretty fun though, so in case you're really bored, here's a summary:
Friday--was slow at work and for some reason I was hyper so I got off work early and ran errands instead. Then at night I headed to the Bulkeley's for frozen hot chocolate and the Village. Ok first of all, that hot chocolate is amazing (the recipe's from Serendipity in New York) and second, the Village just might be my new favorite scary movie. Because I like being scared, but I end up having nightmares (yes, I know, I'm almost 20) This movie scared me silly but then at the end it was like, "oh. it's all ok." and there were a few "wait, what?!"'s scattered in there. Although I agree with Thad, I could've used some man candy. Maybe next time :)
Saturday--I went on my first real date with a Bako boy and we went to the annual Summer Fun Fest at the Neville's. Ok, this was so cool. I met the monkey from Pirates of the Caribbean, his name is Levi. He's like a grumpy old man. And there was a black bear, a lemur, a bearcat, an enormous snake, a porcupine...all which are trained for movies and commercials. Then there were magic acts--people bending steel with their necks, breathing fire, swallowing swords, getting out of straight jackets, etc. Pretty exciting.
Sunday--was pretty much the same, I went to the family ward to play the piano in Primary, (I think I'm getting worse, but the kids don't seem to mind) then to the single's ward then to Brittany's for dinner. The Rays and the Bulkeley's all live in Bakersfield, so they generally have four generations of people at dinner. It's so fun and I just love the families. I know it's a little early to be thinking this, but I'm going to miss the Rays and their sunday dinners and bocce tournaments. They're just funny and wonderful.
Monday--work flew by today, which was fine by me. Then at FHE we played softball and I was the only girl playing, and I made it onto first base a total of 1 time. Go me! It was fun though, my ward is definitely growing on me and I'm going to miss them, too. After the game I got to sit and hear cute boys tell mission stories until it was dark, and then I drove home and didn't get lost. This was pretty impressive, considering I was on the south side of town, which I don't know, and it was dark, and I didn't have my glasses on so I was kinda asking for it.
That was my weekend. Now that it's laid out like that it doesn't sound very exciting. Pictures would definitely help. I miss you all, don't do anything too exciting while I'm away, and don't forget me :)
1 comment:
Woah, you met that monkey! Wow! That's very exciting.
We can have bocce tournaments when you come home. It's an Italian game after all...
So why haven't we talked in, like, two weeks? I'm calling you today.
Post a Comment