Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pictures

Alright, I'm repenting and putting captions. Just for you, Maggie :) Ok so I've been busy busy busy being cool and living it up whenever I'm not working or sleeping, and these are a few pictures of my adventures. Above is my lovely friend Brittany (she's single and looking, call me for details) during our drive to the beach. It's a 2.5 hour drive, give or take, which makes for lots of bonding and random picture taking. And on the way back, plenty of time for sleeping, as you can see. We were worn out from boogie boarding, shivering, and stuffing our faces at Big Bubba's Big Bad BBQ or something like that. Spencer's head looks really big. It's like, the size of my torso.
This is me, Brittany, and Tim in front of the (in)famous Morro Bay rock, which is pretty much covered in clouds. Not much to see here.
Me, Brittany and Spencer in front of the bay. With all the pretty boats.
Ah, such love. And gay leg motions.

Someone *cough* Spencer*cough* had the brilliant idea of going boogie boarding. In the FRIGID water. It was SO COLD. I don't know if you really understand the magnitude of the cold. He was fine, he had a wetsuit. But I braved it, for the sake of adventure. First we had to swim across this bay, and then trek across some beach past a jetty so we could have a distant beach all to ourselves. I later learned that boats pull sharks out of this bay. I'm glad I didn't know that while I was piddly-paddling across on my little boogie board.
I contemplated the water much longer than Spencer and Tim.


This was after Brittany had told us to make funny faces and I found my own so very funny that I snorted. I tell myself that the looks on their faces are more looks of confusion than of "why did we bring you again?"

WARNING: Enter at your own risk. Dangerous tides. Blah blah blah...I didn't really read it...

Man, I'm just so photogenic I just can't get over it.


Spencer took me shooting for the first time ever, and I got to shoot an M16, a .22, and a pistol. I think that's what they were, anyway. Point is, I felt very cool. And after I saw the pictures, I felt even cooler.
Hot, right? I know.

The boys here in Bakersfield just love me, I practically have to beat them off. Seriously, ask Brittany (Bulkeley, this time). We spend most our time at work plotting how to manage the boys and avoid making them fall in love with me (It's harder than you might think). And, of course, plotting how to get certain other boys to ask me out.
Anyway, the picture below is Spencer, overcome with emotion after our temple trip, proposing to me with a plastic ring I think he found under his seat. It was terribly romantic, everything I ever dreamed.

These are more pictures from my first beach trip, which I filched off Emerson's computer.



Me and Daniel having "a moment", as Emerson would say


Man I'm sexy. See why I have to beat the boys off? Because of pictures like this.
And, of course, my lovely hairdo's



The Morro Bay rock


I was supposed to look like an intense frisbee player. I just look really retarded and more than slightly drunk. See how I put myself out there for your amusement? I hope you people appreciate it.

Oh and this is also from the temple trip. We saw the Batman car and so of course I had to go sit in it. Sidesaddle...I was trying not to flash people.

The end.

4 comments:

Durrell said...

don't you look cute!

gigi said...

Pictures without captions? Chelsie, my dear, I thought you knew better.

Rebekah P. said...

Yay Chelsie! I was hoping for pictures.

p.s. Daniel got his mission call: South Carolina, Columbia. Spanish Speaking. He leaves Sept. 23rd. So excited!!!

Isabelle Wright said...

Chelsie, I love you so much, and I miss you. It looks like you are having such an amazing adventures. I am majorly jealous!

I cannot wait until you come back to P-town and we can go to BYU together and catch up.

Did I mention you are amazing?