Wednesday, June 10, 2009

T i r e d

This morning I woke up and felt like I'd been hit by a train

I've heard people say that, and I think it's a good description, but I don't really know, because I have never actually been hit by a train. I'm sure it hurts a lot worse than this.
But my entire body was aching and sore and exhausted
and I can't figure out why.

I played soccer last night, but I can't imagine that that would be the source, because I've been playing soccer a lot lately.
I'm kind of an insomniac lately, maybe it's just built up to this.
It's so annoying, I go to bed and spend on average 2 hours actually falling asleep because my brain keeps going, worrying and thinking about things that don't even matter.
Like last night. You know those facebook quizzes you can make about yourself? I wrote one and then last night my brain kept thinking up questions I should've asked and I was like, "shut up! who cares?!" but it wouldn't.
And then today I was dragging at work, and when I came home for lunch I just fell onto my bed in exhaustion, but even then I couldn't sleep. My body was antsy and buzzing.

Last week I tried taking a sleep aid and it did absolutely nothing. Did it just totally throw my body into confusion? Is that why I feel like this?

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have much advice...but I hate insomnia! I occasionally have issues with it too. Does that help you? To know you are not alone?
:-P

Aubrey said...

Chelsie! I am so sorry! This happened to me and I actually went to the doctor about it.
He told me that instead of taking sleeping pills, which are addictive, he gave me some natural stuff that helped.
One is a supplement, Melatonin, that you can buy at any grocery store and it's the stuff your brain makes anyway to go to sleep, also the stuff that is in turkeys which is why you get tired after eating thanksgiving dinner. You have to take 5 mg though because if you take too much it has the opposite effect and makes you stay up longer. You take it 1-2 hours before its actually time to go to sleep and you will sleep like a baby.
Then I coupled taking that with some Celestial Sleepy Time herbal tea, which has a funky taste but calms your body down and makes it easier to fall asleep. I didn't end up using this as much because I didn't like the taste but its good for you and worth a try if you really can't sleep.

Hope this helps!