Sunday, August 23, 2009

Over Thinking

It's Sunday afternoon and there are thunderclouds rolling in over the mountains. Did I ever tell you how I feel about thunderstorms? I love them.
I love the deep blue-gray clouds. I love how they close in and make the world so much cozier.
When we used to live in the house with the big window that faced Timp, my whole family would gather on the couch to watch the storm. We would even open the front door to feel the wind and hear the thunder.
Don't thunderstorms just make you want to curl up on the couch?
They make me feel so small.
In a good way.
~
We had the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication this morning at 9, instead of church, so I've been wandering around the house. And thinking too much.
I tried to learn Amazing Grace on the guitar
I don't get the guitar. I don't understand how it works. I don't know how to connect the chords and make them sound like music. I need someone to show me.
~
I've been reading a ton lately
The problem is, I see so many books that I want to read, and I feel like there's not enough time to read all of them
so I've been picking up a book and reading it, then getting antsy and picking up another one, then another...
just since I've been home I've been reading The Uglies, Glenn Beck's Common Sense, Anne Frank:Diary of a Young Girl, Generation Me, Blink, Water, Mormon Scientist, and Letters of Majorie Pay Hinckley
And the more I read, the more I am impressed by the people I'm reading about
and the more I feel like I should be doing more with my life
So then I get antsy again
~
Also, I've been reading lots of blogs. Catching up.
All the blogs I have listed in my sidebar are written by people I admire
and I read them and just wish I were more like each of them
I feel almost wicked
Almost none of them are people I see very often
We're not super close
Some of them are people I have never met
So I feel like I'm stealing, or eavesdropping
Peeking into their lives when I have no right to do so
I want to write each of them a letter
Telling them how they inspire me. How we are alike, how much they make me laugh, or cry.
But that would be weird.
People don't do that.
Which is really too bad, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should do it. The world would be better if people followed up on that sort of thing.
I decided awhile back that if I loved someone's outfit or jewelry or cute kid...whatever...I wasn't going to be embarrassed anymore. I was going to tell them.
They always smile.
One time I had to yell across two islands at the gas station but that girl needed to know how much I loved her coat! She laughed and smiled and so did I. My husband thought I was nuts but that is the risk I take sometimes...