Tuesday, March 23, 2010

When I grow up...


When I grow up I want
My house to be a gathering place, with a big front porch where people stop and chat on warm summer evenings
hand-holding walks with my husband
to know all my neighbors' names, and them to know my children
to be the kind of neighbor who knows when something is wrong, and is right there with dinner, flowers, or a kind word
to make pizza on friday nights and have waffle breakfasts for dinner on Conference weekend
storytime before bed
a vegetable garden, right next to my berry bushes, and under my tree house
giant canvas paintings hanging in my house
Some painted by me, some by my children
My children to feel like artists
to organize big group service projects
to laugh every day
to learn how to love winter...or to live somewhere without snow...
to be patient and strong when facing life
to sometimes stop and watch the sunrise
to have dance parties in the kitchen with my daughters
to remember to have my fifteen minutes with my husband every day
to be deeply in love with him
to go to the temple often
to learn to pray always

What do you want when you grow up?

4 comments:

lizzy said...

So wonderful!! That's what I want, too!!!

Courtney said...

That sounds so delightful! I can't wait for forever. :)

BrittanyB said...

Sounds like you want to be your mom ;)

Dan and Donna said...

Chelsie..we love you and are so grateful for your talents. You make the world feel "happy" and "good"! Love the pictures and just bask in your writing talents. Keep up the good work and that young man with you at the dance "wow"...catch him!