Monday, August 9, 2010

Dear Mr.,

Mister. I wonder what your last name is.
Will I call you Mister, like in Emma?
"Now I need not call you Mr. Knightley. I may call you MY Mr. Knightley."
Will we be that sappy?
Probably sometimes. Just to gross people out.

Maybe I already know you.
Maybe we're good friends.
Wouldn't that be funny?
I've been writing you all these letters about things you already know
Like my inability to do math, or my tendency to dance in the kitchen and sing off key.

Or maybe we've never met.
How will I feel when I meet you?
Will I think you're just another guy, unaware that you will someday be the ONLY guy?
Will I be unable to drag my eyes away from your studliness?
I will probably tell you that, whether or not it's true.
Because you really are handsome.

Well, wherever
and whoever
you are

I hope you have something to keep you busy for the next two years.

No comments: