FAMily!!! Your letters this week were BOMB, I love you all. It seems as though suddenly everyone suddenly remembered they loved me and decided to write, must be the Christmas spirit ;) So I've been busily writing letters all morning.
So much excitement in my life! My life is so perfect I don't know what to do with myself. DO you all realize that two weeks from THIS MONDAY I will be on a plane to PARIS? Why is my life so perfect? I feel like the Lord's going, "soak it up now, because your life is going to SUCK in a minute." Just kidding, I shouldn't say such things. Anyway....so this week we did lots of door approach practice and I think my favorite was Elder Howden because he LOVES to mess with missionaries when they do door approaches and we'd heard about it so when we got to his door we just started singing Christmas carols. Booyah. Ok singing has been the weirdest, most unexpected gift here. I actually kind of have a good voice. Is that weird to say? Like they keep asking me to sing in things and it's strange to me. I'm caroling at the ecclesiastical dinner tonight and then at the devotional in front of EVERYONE on December 19th. And then I'm singing in Sacrament meeting. Did I already write about that? I feel like I did. All my letters and emails run together in my head. Let's see, what else. Oh ps, the gift of tongues is for reALS. When I teach lessons in french, I speak faster than I can think and translate. So something other than me is doing the talking. French is so much fun now that we're all getting better at it! Everything sounds better in french. Booyah. Also I'm kinda hoping that I'll get to france and they'll be like, you're already good at French so now we're going to put you in the Mandarin ward. Wouldn't it be cool to come home speaking two new languages? I probably shouldn't wish such things upon myself.
What else happened this week? Tuesday Julie B. Beck came to speak at the Devotional, which was so good. She was basically just chatting with us about missionary work and the impact it's had on her life. My takeaway message, be excited about the gospel! She told the story of a woman who was talking to some investigators who were stuck on the principle of tithing, they didn't like it. She said, that's right we pay tithing. But that's not all. We also pay fast offerings. And we give to the missionaries, and the perpetual education fund, and the humanitarian fund. And start saving now so you can pay for your children's missions. You're gonna give your whole life to this gospel! Because she was unashamed of the gospel and was excited about it, the investigators caught the spirit of it and were baptized. I love how the church is true. isn't that a good feeling?
Wednesday my experience in the TRC was amazing and cool because we didn't follow the lesson plan at all, and we ended up committing her to baptism! And Thursday was exciting because I said that's it, I'm DONE with the MTC. I'm OUTtA here. And I just walked out and started walking down 9th East. And then I repented and came back. JK. For reals, my companion had to go to the BYU health center to find out she has athsma! welcome to the club! So we got to go out into the world for a minute, way exciting. Except I didn't see ANY of you, which was disappointing. You guys should probably drive down that road more often, I'm thinking.
Oh ps, mom, you would be so proud. I am the room alarm clock. And bed maker. Because you did such a good job raising me. And you would be so proud of the way I hang all my clothes on the hanger. All the time. Also I am apparently annoyingly chipper in the mornings (Sr. Williams isn't a morning person). Once I tried to make her do jumping jacks, but to no avail. I'm turning out like you and dad! Somehow.
Oh and CONGRATS to KAITI AND ADDISoN!!! What the heck, getting hitched after I leave. It's ok though, since I love you both to pieces. As long as you name your firstborn after me, I think we'll be good. And to KAThryn!! Your wedding announcement is so cute. I played with it for like 15 minutes. That's how entertainment-deprived I am here.
Other than that, the church is still TRUE and being a missionary is still the best thing in the WORLD so be jealous.
Also the whole Christmas season is like a million and a half times better as a missionary. I love everyone and everything. Plus bonus, I think people will be nicer to me when I first get to paris and am awkward and don't speak french well. The christmas spirit and all that. Well i LOVE YOU and you should send me another tape. I'm dying here. I need to hear Christian's voice.
Merry CHRISTmAS season, soak it up for me :)
LOve lovE LOVE LOVE LOVE,
Soeur Larsen
No comments:
Post a Comment