Monday, October 24, 2011

Soeur Larsen: Part XXXXI

I LOVE BLOIS WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL!
You would just be absolutely sick with jealousy if you saw where I live. Absolutely sick. Bwahaha.
So, I live next door to a castle. And a five minute walk from two cathedrals. And a five minute walk from the Loire river. I live on a cobblestone street. My apartment is older than my home country. There's a park down the street where you can sit on a bench, facing the castle, in front of the church, underneath the weeping willow, and listen to audiobooks from the speakers up in the trees. Romantic and random, I know. The other day a bagpipe band came marching down the road in front of our apartment. Probably to welcome us. There are big tall rickety old buildings and big tall old fashioned lamp posts. There are lots of cobblestone streets in the shopping district (where we live) where there are christmas lights strung up and people stroll and enjoy the fact that they are french and live in the most picturesque storybook french town ever. I seriously spend most of my day giggling inside and thinking how Jaime and Kari would just kill to be here. If only they knew :)
We also have the BEST branch in the history of the world. I love them. The little boys in the branch all wear "future missionary" plaques to church. And all of our amis who came to church were brought by members. Our members LOVE us. It helps that they haven't had sister missionaries in 11 years, but still. Their overall love and respect for the missionaries just blows me away. They keep telling us how they know our jobs are hard so they're there for us and we're never alone and if we ever need anything, to not hesitate to call, and they're all fasting and praying for chances to talk to their friends so we can teach them and not have to spend time knocking on doors... I just was blown away. Totally blown away. Oh, also the parents and brother and sister and basically entire extended family of my mission president resides in my branch. So, no pressure or anything. But the love and confidence of the members just makes me want to work even harder than ever. They have so much faith and such big hopes. They've already done so much for us, members helped us carry our ridiculously heavy luggage up to our apartment, made us dinner the first night we were here, helped us with our plumbing adventures (let me just say that the toilet and the shower pipes are connected. And sometimes, that is a problem), and they teach with us. Nothing more I could ask for.
Pray for this branch! And pray for C and N and B and J! If all goes well we should have 3 baptisms and a marriage this transfer. Which would basically be the best thing that has ever happened to me.
I've never been so happy in my entire life! When I found out I was going to serve in Blois, it was a wierd feeling. It was like I'd been waiting my whole life to serve there but I hadn't known it. That feeling got even stronger when our train first pulled in to town, and has just grown each day with each person I meet. It's wierd to me that a tiny little town in France, thousands of miles from my home or my normal life, could be where I was needed, and that the Lord would work his magic to get me here at this time. I just keep praying that I can do whatever it was he sent me here to do! I think a lot about that quote Kyle quoted at his homecoming, "Wherever you go, there you are. And whatever you do there, becomes the reason you came." So, I'm guessing the reason Soeur Williams and I came was to turn the Blois Branch into a stake. And maybe get a temple here, while we're at it. On y va :) Dream big! Haha. Never hurts, right?
 
So, uh, how's Utah? Hey that's so cool about Bri being a ROCKSTAR! Tell her I want an autographed poster! And yeah, party it up for my year mark! It actually works out kinda cool, we have district meeting that day and four of us in my district were all in the MTC together so it's everyone's year mark! So Soeur Williams and I are bringing birthday cake. Woot. That's right, all we do out here is party. We don't actually work. Don't tell....
 
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!! Almost as much as I love Blois. haha.
 
Love love love,
Soeur Larsen

No comments: