My week was awesome, as most missionary weeks are. I can't believe
how fast it went by though! I hate it! Time just slips right through my
fingers! It was an interesting week because I was sick at the beginning
and then tuesday Soeur Williams had to get a shot in her ankle cuz she
has tendonitis and the doctor then told her she couldn't walk for 48
hours... so Wednesday we stayed in and then Thursday we fixed rendezvous
at the church and then just camped out there.
So our teaching pool is suffering a bit. But the amis we do have
are awesome! I love them! And I love our ward more and more with each
family we visit.
I am having the hardest time writing this week. Soeur Williams
suggested I write about the top ten moments of my first year as a
missionary, so here we go. These are in no particular order as far as
importance or awesomeness, I just wrote them down as I thought of them.
10. The last Zone Conference with President and Sister Staheli. It
was amazing and I love them so much, that room felt like the Celestial
Kingdom during that hour and I didn't ever want to leave! I miss them.
9. The France Paris temple announcement! I died!
8. Zenab's baptism!
7. Michelle's baptism!
6. The first lesson with David
5. Talking about the Church with Allon in the train
4. Hearing Rui pray for the first time
3. Martha going crazy. That was just so unforgettable...
2. Singing in the train
1. The MTC. Granted, that was a million moments rolled into one,
but they were wonderful. I loved the MTC with all my heart and soul.
Well, things are going wonderfully here in Blois, and throughout
the mission. There have been some incredible miracles and we get to see
the answers to generations of prayers and it is incredible to get to be a
part of this work. I know that the Lord is doing huge things, by means
so small and simple we almost don't notice them. But the kindgom is
being built and His people are being prepared for His coming. I know
this is true and that this work is inspired. I'm excited for all the
missionaries who have yet to leave because the work is picking up! It's
starting to get really exciting! So you're welcome, siblings, I paved
the trail and did a mediocre job all so that you could follow after and
be awesome fiery proclaimers of awesomeness.
Ps, want to hear something cool? I was kind of joking about the
turning Blois into a ward thing. Kind of. But then yesterday a member of
the stake presidency gave a talk and challenged us to double our
sacrament meeting attendance within 2 months. He talked about how the
presidency had felt inspired about this and they'd felt a powerful
witness that it is possible and that it needs to start here and now. So,
we're gonna double our Sacrament Meeting attendance by Christmas Day
here in Blois... Can you do it over there?
I'm excited to hear your stories :)
Love you all!!!
Love love love, Soeur Larsen
No comments:
Post a Comment