Saturday, February 23, 2013

Learning to see

So, a couple weeks ago, there was a pretty big snowstorm here in P-town. I don't know if you noticed it.
One of my sister missionaries told me she'd prayed for a snowstorm because she just got her new coat for her mission in Montreal and she wanted to test it out.
I said "Congratulations, the Lord answered your prayer. And the rest of Provo is complaining about it.
I hope you feel special."
She did.

One night, in the middle of all this snow, I was driving to work. The car in front of me stopped pretty abruptly, and I quickly braked. I thought, I hope the car behind me notices...
I looked into my rearview mirror and watched the car approaching me without slowing down
it was full of teenage girls, laughing and talking
When they hit me and I lurched forward, the first thought it my head was, "Oh, this is what it feels like to get rear-ended." It hurt.
But when I got out and looked at the back of my car
there was nothing there.
Not a dent, not a scratch.
I looked again. Surely that couldn't be right. I did get hit, right? My back and my neck were screaming that I did.

When I talked to my roommate about it later, she mentioned how stressed I had been lately. She said it was the Lord, reminding me that he is there, and that he is protecting me. And that I should calm down, and be not afraid.
I'm grateful for people in my life who know how to see the hand of the Lord.
People who point out miracles.
And for the Spirit, who affirms what they say to me.
I'm learning to see :)

No comments: