So, my dream of getting a Masters degree in Social Work died today. At least for the time being.
And I've been looking at jobs for after graduation and realizing that
the possibilities are ENDLESS.
Literally.
What am I supposed to do with myself?
How do I choose?
I could work with troubled youth and get therapy experience
I could satisfy my desire to return to France!
But how? Be a flight attendant? An au pair? A translator? An interpreter? Teach English? Be a freelance artist?
I could travel to other exciting destinations!
Work on a cruise ship!
Get my teaching license!
Work for the Church? But how? Doing what?
Who do I know who can hook me up?
Lots of people! Who to contact first? What to tell them?
Can I use my French skills? Do art? Can I travel? Can I help people? Can I write? Can I live in a big city? Can I try new things? Can I get a tan while I'm doing it? Can I get paid to do what I love? What do I love?
WHAT DO I WANT TO DO?!
Someone save me.
3 comments:
haha I haven't yet worked out what I want to do, so good luck with that!
Um....had that happen to me so many times going to school. I prayed so many times, "What should I do?!!!" Every time I would start studying something, it just wouldn't work/I wasn't that interested in it. So now I'm a mom and I know exactly what I want to study/ be good at!!! It wasn't the order that I wanted my life to go and it was so confusing and still I look back and go, "seriously would have been so much easier to focus more of my time on learning these things back then- if only I had known!" but then again Heavenly Father doesn't always answer us when we want him to. I never would have moved to Tooele and met Jay so I guess it's all good. ;) Love you! You'll figure it out!
Hey that happened to me a couple of times too-- got turned down from Social Work grad schools. I found a full-time job at BYU and LOVE it. I highly recommend it :) I hope you find the perfect job-- but then, you'll do great wherever you are.
Post a Comment