Friday, October 11, 2013

An embarrassing moment

We've all had them.
There's a difference between moments that are embarrassing in a funny way and moments when you actually feel humiliated.
An example of the first is the one time I've been pantsed. Oh wait, no, there was that other time... Anyway, this one time I was hanging out with friends.
Yes, I have some. Or did, anyway...
And my friends and I were picking out a movie to watch. One of them was uninterested and decided to pick up the smallest person in the room and throw him or her over his shoulder. Classic 'sack of potatoes' move.
The smallest person in the room happened to be me.
I didn't appreciate this move, and with characteristic directness I began beating upon his back with my wimpy little fists.
I wore him down almost immediately and he decided to let me go. But not by setting me on my feet, like a gentleman, no that would not do. Instead he decided to let me slip from his shoulders, head first, onto the couch. While this was not my most graceful moment ever, it could have worked out okay.
Except that when I landed on the couch, my pants were still in his hands.

Yes. That happened.
Upon realizing this, my friend dropped my pants, made himself as big as he could to screen me, and, as I scrambled to put my pants back on, yelled, "Nobody look!"
And we all know how well that works.
Too bad my mom never let me buy cute underwear.

My favorite part was that the friend who did the pantsing would not stop apologizing.
Even after (I like to think) everyone else had forgotten it had ever happened.

But I couldn't help thinking, hey, at least now I have a "most embarrassing moment" to share
Because we all know the real most embarrassing moment is not having anything to say when someone asks you that question.




2 comments:

HeritageoftheLord said...

AHHHHH!!!!!! No WAY!!! Okay, that's probably the best story ever.

Lindy said...

I read this outloud to all my roommates. They loved it almost as much as I did. Go big or go home Chels. So proud :)