I'm an idealist.
I'm a big dreamer.
I have had a good life and I believe it will only get better from here.
I dream of being able to do it all.
I believe I can have the happiest marriage ever. One of those where everyone who ever runs into the two of us knows without a doubt that we're crazy about each other. One of those marriages that inspires other people, makes them want to try harder. I dream of being married to someone who makes me laugh and who laughs at me, someone I can talk to for hours and hours. I dream of being inspired by him and inspiring him, of working together on projects that are exciting to us. I dream of surprising him and loving him.
The dream I have of my marriage is basically a compilation of the best parts of every marriage that has ever inspired me. So, no pressure or anything.
I want to have a big family. Sometimes I tell people I want to have 12 kids. I decided that after I read Cheaper by the Dozen. I dream of a big, close-knit family with kids who are happy and fulfilled and grounded in good principles, kids who know how to serve and love to reach out to others. I want a family made up of a hundred surrogate members who just feel at home with us.
I dream of being an artist. Of seeing my giant canvases in an art gallery. Of making enough money painting just to paint my next picture. I dream of traveling the world and painting a series based on my impressions of each place I visit.
I dream of being an author and a speaker. I dream of helping others become idealists and seeing all the possible good and all the beauty in the world.
I dream of making a difference, of feeling free of fear, of being incredibly, blissfully happy all of the time.
I believe all these dreams are possible because I know God.
The God I know is an idealist. He believes in the best possible good. He believes in picture-perfect endings. He believes in love that makes you giddy, makes you laugh because all the feelings come spilling out of you. He is speechless in the face of beauty. He knows breathless happiness. He knows feelings so deep they can't seem to fit inside you. He knows throwing his whole being into helping someone else, because it's worth it to see the light in their eyes.
Because I know God, I know joy. Because I know God, I know that all of my dreams will come true. I know that I will have everything I listed above and a million things besides. I know my ending, and your ending, will be picture perfect.
It will all be perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment