
I've decided that where guys are concerned, it is feast or famine. There are times when I'm lucky if I even have a conversation with a guy, or I'll go a while without a date, or without even being flirted with. These times can be depressing if they go on too long. I start to think, "ok seriously? are all the guys on campus really taken? Is there something obviously wrong with me that drives men away?" I have to remind myself that sometimes there's famine. But it's always followed by a feast :) So I focus on other things, and I'm much more productive during these times. For example, last fall. I was very single, which gave me time to be amazing. I went to bed every night at 11 at the very latest, got up at 6 and went swimming, did all my homework on time, went to all my classes, went to all my ward activities, painted, cleaned my room, did all the dishes, ate actual meals...you get the picture. I made my parents proud. But it didn't last.
Hooray for feasts! I spend all this time being single, and nobody cares. The minute I'm taken, suddenly all the guys I know are distressed that I was stolen out from under their noses. Boys. Not so bright sometimes, I am afraid. Suddenly it's a flirt fest, and I'm back in my element. For example, in the last two days I got asked out twice, once via facebook chat by I guy I don't think I've ever talked to, and then once this morning by a guy I helped in the lab. This feast thing is good for my self esteem, however, I realized that there's no balance. With famine I have no love life but the rest of my life is in order. With feast I have something of a love life but I get much less sleep than I probably should. And my bedroom isn't as orderly, because cleaning it is one of my nighttime rituals that gets tossed out the window when I get home at 2 am. I mean, what? I didn't say that. I get home by curfew...yes...It's lucky my college student body can somehow keep up with this schedule. Perhaps it's time for another famine...
No comments:
Post a Comment