Friday, May 22, 2009

Extreme Ironing

This is actually a pasttime here. I kid you not.

Here's the gist of it: you load up your car with your friends, your ironing board, an iron, an item of clothing, your camera, and your giant flash, and you drive around downtown looking for odd places to pose.

Like under an old bridge


Or on a street corner where you meet drunk, friendly women eager to get their pictures taken, too

Or on the railroad tracks

with America's Next Top Model

Or by the (in)famous Bakersfield sign

The look on my face says it all.
(Oh, and the sweet photos are thanks to Jimmy and his mad photography skills)

9 comments:

Dustin Izatt said...

Oh how I love this, lol, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. I might have to try this sometime :P

D

gigi said...

Haha! I love the first picture--a lot. Who are all those other people? Besides the random drunk lady, I think I know which one that is.

Chels said...

The first dude is Spencer, the one in green is Jimmy Bunting, and the model is Jana. The drunk lady's name is Tanya, in case you wanted to know. I could also give you her address, because she and I are tight like that :)

Laura said...

Love this. And I love that you knew my last blog title was from Emma.

Anonymous said...

Now I want to do this!

Isabelle Wright said...

You know, that's kind of awesome. We miss you, but I'm glad you're getting to experience the world of...er..."extreme ironing". Or something.

Aubrey said...

What? ha ha. Did you photoshop you into that photo or did you really go out on the street with an ironing board and take a picture? This is really funny either way however, just so you know.

Chels said...

No I really truly, at the risk of my own life, stood in the middle of the street with an ironing board. And waved at cars going by.

Unknown said...

I'm sooo going to suggest this as an activity...it could be a competition, who can get the most extreme! I LOVE it! This rocks!