She liked to think it was.
But life was not a poem
Only in retrospect
When it could be molded
the perfect words found
a rythm discovered
Life as it is lived
is sudden and messy
it is tripping into a manhole
and having your teeth knocked out
It is standing in the doorway
the first day of first grade
ridiculously aware
of how oblivious you have been
It is a rollercoaster
without the bar to hold you down
and sometimes
the tracks are missing
and sometimes
you rebuild them
yourself.
Life is too fast
and too slow
and too uncertain
to be poetic
until for one moment you stop
look back
and see how all the
manholes
and doorways
and rollercoasters
have gotten you where you are.
and the fact
that we can make all of that
into poetry
is a beautiful thing
inspiring the beginning
of yet another
poem.
2 comments:
Woah, Chels, are these last two posts yours? They are amazing. Not that I'm shocked that you're amazing...I already knew that.
I LOVED this!! Also I love the new look of your blog. :)
Post a Comment