What is a psychopath?
Do you think they are rational people?
My guess was no.
But guess what?
They are.
Psychopaths are actually extremely logical, rational, self-confident people. They generally have above average IQ's.
The rational part of their brain functions as well or better than yours or mine.
However, the part of their brain that handles emotions is broken.
They don't have any.
The sight of a person in pain or afraid doesn't phase them.
They don't feel guilty for inflicting pain on other people.
Thus their ability to squash people like bugs.
For them, it's exactly the same thing.
Thus, the thing that makes us human and wonderful and able to get along with each other is not our ability to act in a rational manner, but our ability to feel and be directed by our emotions.
Take that, Ayn Rand.
Was that new information for you? It was for me.
I thought it was fascinating.
Blog for today inspired by Jonah Lehrer's blog.
The man's a genius.
Think he'd date me? I bet I could convert him.
1 comment:
I did know that about psychopaths, but that's definitely an interesting thought. Also, your comment on my blog made my day. I laughed so hard. I love you girls!! I miss you. Let's hang out when I get back. I am now boyfriendless so I have plenty of time on my hands, haha. Also I just like you.
I will get you both souvenirs of course! And tell Jaime I always knew she was just after my money. YOU'RE my true friend. Hahahaha just kidding James ;)
Post a Comment