Friday, February 18, 2011

Soer Larsen: Part XV

Subject: I'm going to be a MOM!!


That's right, you heard me. I'm gonna be a mom.
The Versailles Sisters are about to become a threesome. Soeur Gappmaier and I are getting a new missionary tomorrow! And I'll be co-training her :) Her name is Soeur Reeves and she used to be a wrestler for UVU, before she made the best decision of her life, that is. Aaaaaaaaaand that's all I know about her.

I can't think of anything else to say. Elder Haas says hi, and that he's taking good care of me (he's district leader) and Elder Ellis says to tell you that I taught 18 lessons this last week. Which was exciting. But our mission standard of excellence is twenty, so we're working on that. My new mission goal is to change the standards of excellence. I'm breaking the curve! Bwahaha.

Um yes so this transfer Soeur Gappmaier and I are trying something new to stretch our faith and try to work better with God. It's called covenanting. Might sound familiar, since we are a covenant people. It's how the Lord helps us get things done. We set a transfer goal for baptisms and presented it in prayer. We know that it's what the Lord wants because he sent us here to baptize. Then we told him how hard we were willing to work, according to our faith, to get that many baptisms. We know that there are that many people in Versailles who are ready to be baptized and we know the Lord can lead us to them and will be able to entrust them to us when we are working with him. So we set goals each week for lessons and Books of Mormon handed out and then broke up each day into segments and planned goals for each segment. That way each time we leave the house we pray and remind ourselves of the covenant and make mini covenants for numbers of lessons to be taught. We know the Lord wants us to keep our part of the covenant so he helps us find people for that segment of the day. As long as my companion and I are both worthy and are being obedient, the Lord helps us out. This is the theory behind how we're working this transfer. So far it's been incredible. There's been miracles when we've been standing on the street with one more lesson to teach and one hour til dinner and we've prayed and the next person who walks by stops and talks with us. Tuesday we gave out more Books of Mormon in one day than we ever had before.
So, long story short, everything's going well in Versailles :)

Zenab is now getting baptized March 5th, so Super Samedi just got even more super. Oh, did I tell you that? We're calling March 5th Super Samedi.

I'll stop keeping you in the dark. So the idea for Super Samedi came about when we were trying to figure out how best to use our members because we have a lot of members who are willing to teach with us but they never have enough notice, or they can't do it at that time, or they can't travel that far... And we received some inspiration. It was decided that on the 5th of March we the missionaries would install ourselves at the church all day and members would come and either bring non-member friends to teach or teach our amis. We've been working with the members and having them pray to find people to invite and having them sign up for times to come and do splits with us. So it's looking like, if all goes well (which of course will be interesting because Satan's super ticked off about all the good going on over here), we should be teaching for about 6 hours and teach 12 lessons with members. Cool beans, huh? You can see why I was nervous about telling you. I was afeared it would fall through. But, faith to conquer fear, as dad would say.

I wish I had more time! I have crazy stories. But we have to go wash the car. Boo.
Keep being awesome and writing me lots of letters.
Love for always and for EVER,

Soeur Larsen

No comments: