Thursday, February 3, 2011

Soer Larsen: Part XIII

Oh man oh man. This is going to be a lame email, I will just warn you right now.
This week I'm supposed to be learning humility and patience, apparently, because every rendezvous we've planned has fallen through. All of them. Even district meeting. The problem is that last week we did crazy amazing and everyone was impressed, so then this week we were like, sweet, let's double it, because we're awesome and we can, and then the Lord decided to remind us how much of what we do is completely outside our control. It's been good though, we've had lots of good contacting practice, and I found a quote this week that makes me feel better. Want to hear it?
"Remember that your business is to preach the Gospel in all humility and meekness and to warn sinners to repent and come to Christ. Avoid contentions and vain disputes with men of corrupt minds, who do not desire to know the truth. Remember that 'it is a day of warning, and not a day of many words'. If they receive not your testimony in one place, flee to another, remembering to cast no reflections, nor throw out any bitter sayings. If you do your duty, it will be just as well with you as though all men embrace the Gospel." --Joseph Smith
I feel like he was talking to the Paris Mission when he said that. We spend a lot of time arguing with people, I'll be honest.
I guess it makes me feel better to know that as long as I'm doing what the Lord wants me to be doing, I can be at peace. He knew I was a weak instrument when he called me. My personal desire is to be a bomb missionary who works miracles and leads lots of people into the waters of baptism. But I guess the trick is finding out that the Lord wants it done a different way and then being willing to do it that way. I like what Joseph Smith says, that it will be just as well with you as though all men embrace the gospel. Can you imagine if everyone you talked to embraced the gospel? I'd be pretty excited, I can say that much.
I hope everyone at home is doing alright. Tell them all thanks for the guilt trip about not writing letters, I will repent tomorrow. Promise cross my heart and hope to die. Good luck with girls camp! I'm so jealous.
PS, did you hear that the France Toulouse Mission and the Geneva Switzerland Mission are combining? It's going to be the France Lyon Mission now. There'll only be two missions in France. Oh la la.
Keep praying for the French people, and for a temple in France and for March 5th (haha, I was off by a day, so sue me). Thank you everlastingly for being the amazing and supportive family that you are. I never really appreciated how incredibly blessed I have been. You are the best in the world :)
I love you!!
-- Soeur Larsen

No comments: