I feel bad because I'm exhausted so this might be a pretty anti climactic email. We spent today in Paris and went to see the Paris opera house and I ate my first (and last) kebab. Blegh. And we spent about three hours in traffic heading back, thus the lateness of this email. Everything's going really well, I love being in a threesome. And our bleu is so good! So apparently Elder Haas LIED, I should've known, she's not a wrestler at all. She's mostly from Bountiful but more recently from Riverside, California where her dad is serving as a mission president so she's a young'un, just 20. But she's got so much missionary experience already, she's pretty much been training us. She spent two weeks serving on Temple Square as well, since she had to wait for her visa.
We've changed a lot this week about how we work and I love it. ALSO, drumroll please, our zone is out of control, this last week we tripled all the other zones in the mission on lessons taught, new amis found, and baptismal dates. Because our zone leaders are the best. Also I have to work on my language, this week we had training with a bunch of zones and Sr. Gappmaier and I had to introduce Sr. Reeves and while I was up there introducing her I said she was "the bomb" and President Staheli, behind me, went, "Excuse me?" hehe.... oops. Don't worry, he still thinks I'm an ok missionary. Also this week, thanks to the training, we had Sisters Smart and Pearce spending the night with us again and this time I went on exchanges with Sister Smart, which was really fun. She's great. And we fixed a baptismal date with Jaison! He and his brother Jordan are my favorite, they are so cute. I'm pretty sure if I were six years old I would have a crush on that boy. Also I gave myself a haircut this morning. Don't worry, it still looks normal. I think the spirit guided the scissors ;) haha. Anyway it's pretty much been the best week of my life.
Sorry I write terrible emails! And letters, I'm terrible about letters.
Moral of the story, the church is truer than ever and the Lord is amazing about answering prayers. That's one thing I have to say. If you ever want to see really cool answers to prayer, serve a mission. It's like the answers are on fast-forward, they're so immediate. The Lord is there. He's a god of miracles. BUT only by our faith. I feel like I keep being surprised by all these gospel things everyone else already knows! Haha. Oh well, so I'm a slow learner. Better late than never, I suppose. I'll send you a letter with my notes from the trainings and missionary meetings, they were SO good! I love you all!
OH and thank you for the truffles! I gave one to Julia and Rui and they loved it and kept asking all about my family and Utah and how much I must miss you guys. Julia prays for you every lesson! It's the sweetest thing ever. I can't wait for the day you guys meet this family! Maybe when you come pick me up and we go to their temple sealing :)
Love you! Sorry about the email. My brain hurts. Three days of training will do that to ya. It's like at the end of conference weekend when half of me wants to go out and change the world and the other half just wants to sleep.
Love, Chelsie
No comments:
Post a Comment