Saturday, March 12, 2011

Soer Larsen: Part XVII

Family and Friends!!
Just kidding, I know I don't have any friends. Haha. 

I feel like I was just emailing you. So, things are going well here in Versailles. Last p-day we went to the Louvre and it was pretty legit. Although it's out of control huge. We only had two hours there and I think we saw like a 20th of the whole thing. Also, sorry to burst your bubble but the Mona Lisa is the least exciting thing there. It's about the same size as a postage stamp. 

This week has been intense and fun, we've met so many people. Monday we had our visitor's center shift and first we did contacting and it was so good. The weather here has been beautiful lately so everyone was out and about, mostly lounging around which helps when we pounce on them :) The best part was when we were crossing this bridge and then we hear "Missionaries!" and there was this big Mormon group from Florida and they took pictures with us and I felt like a celebrity. 

Tuesday was the best. I got a letter from one of the elders in my MTC district who's serving in Montreal and I was so excited about it that I was just giddy and when I got on the train and started talking to the woman across from me the excitement rubbed off and then she ASKED if she could come to our church and when I handed her the card with the address it says something at the top about the Book of Mormon and she said, what's this book? And I was so excited to get it out and show her and then she practically grabbed it out of my hands and I showed her the intro and then when I told her she could keep the book she HUGGED ME. French people don't hug, so that in and of itself was a miracle. Then we ported a building and FOUR people let us in. In the same building! 

Yesterday we did an entire day of finding. I'm learning to love finding and yesterday I got a kick out of it. We met Rene, a German guy who said, "If you want to talk to me about Jesus you have to walk with me to the train station." And the conversation that followed was one of the best I've had yet. It was so good and he was so funny and he had so many questions and we were so excited about answering them and then when we got to the train station he said, "I'm going to smoke a cigarette with you just because you're so nice to talk to." Um, I'm honored? Haha. And then a homeless guy tried to get me to kiss him. That was weird. 

Then we also met Gloria! Hallelujah! Gloria met some missionaries a long time ago and they gave her a Book of Mormon and she's READ HALF OF IT! And then we asked her what she thought of it and she said she believes it's TRUE and written by prophets. Um, say what now? So then she asked us what we wanted her to do and I was like, well we want you to continue reading and praying about it and then get baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And she said OK. So she was late for work but we are going to meet with her tomorrow and I'll let you know what happens. Suspense!! Only not really. We all know that eventually they all fall into the waters of baptism. Haha! Oh miracles. 

Also, Muslims are the nicest people in the world, which is really frustrating because we're not supposed to proselyte to them. But they love to listen to us. And they love the Book of Mormon, which is weird. Also I made a new Muslim friend at the bus stop. He's been there twice now at the same time as us and he thinks I'm a hoot. Because I like to testify. He laughed and told me I had guts but that I was wrong. Then I laughed and told him he was wrong. And from that moment on, we were friends. 

There were so many stories this week! It was a good week with lots of new people. There were a couple hard moments, like when two of our investigators tried to drop us, but we managed to talk them into trying for another week. The worst feeling is when you've been teaching people for a long time and then they go, " I just don't see what the difference is between your church and mine." Holy moly, I have obviously been doing my job wrong. Lesson learned, though.
I am having the time of my life and learning a lot. This next six weeks also holds a lot of growth in store because.....dun dun dun..... suspense..... I am sticking around Versailles and becoming senior companion. I feel so powerful. Haha jk? I'm nervous. Me and Sister Reeves are not very old in the mission! But she's a powerhouse and we pray ALL THE TIME so I think we'll be ok. I love praying in the streets and in the train stations. People look at us funny probably (I wouldn't know, my eyes are closed, haha) but they think we're weird anyway so it's all good. Plus miracles always happen after prayers so it's worth it. 

I had so many more stories I wanted to tell but I'm out of time!!! 

I love you all to bits and pieces. And being a missionary is better than anything else, I'm not coming back. Bwahaha!!
I feel bad, I didn't put anything spiritual in this email.... Oh well, next time. Promise :)

Love love love love,

Soeur Larsen

No comments: