Saturday, October 10, 2009

Autumn

"Autumn is the eternal corrective. It is ripeness and color and a time of maturity; but it is also breadth, and depth, and distance. What man can stand with autumn on a hilltop and fail to see the span of his world and the meaning of the rolling hills that reach to the far horizon? -Hal Borland
"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." - George Eliot

"It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life." - P. D. James

"Then summer fades and passes and October comes. We'll smell smoke then, and feel an unexpected sharpness, a thrill of nervousness, swift elation, a sense of sadness and departure."- Thomas Wolfe



I LOVE the fall. With every fiber of my being.

I love everything about it
I love the air that's just cold enough to remind me of how much I appreciate my toes, and fingers, and the end of my nose
I love the bright colors on the trees and in the mountains
I love how blue the sky looks, and I love the gray windy days
I love how everything is so beautiful, it makes me want to paint
I love how I always seem to have paint under my fingernails these days
I love wearing sweatshirts and jackets
I love how it's still early enough into school to still be excited about it
I love finding a big window to study by on campus, and just holing up there
I love going to football games and cheering myself hoarse and singing the fight song
I love thinking that Thanksgiving is on it's way
I love thinking of christmas trees, and Temple Square all lit up, even though it's early for such thoughts. I simply can't reign them in.
I love the smell of the heater in my car in the mornings
I love doing bonfires with friends
I love watching people play at the intramural fields
I love driving around, and trying to find music majestic enough to go with my surroundings
I love thinking of pumpkin pie and gingersnaps
I love that so many of my friends are going on missions, and getting married
I just love the excitement, the anticipation
Coming off the Conference weekend high, all these crazy colors in the air, the holiday season just around the corner, it just feels like there's something exciting coming
Life is beautiful
and fall is my absolute favorite
Fall fills my veins with soda pop and my heart with hot chocolate and my head with fireflies
And I can't help but love everyone and everything
Fall makes me want to go back to Boston. Boston is the perfect place to enjoy the fall.
Fall makes it easier to talk to God


I've been getting lightheaded, dancing and singing around the house as I clean
and thinking of this time last year, when my roommate and I would get the two cute guys from a few apartments down to go play basketball, and then make breakfast together
And then go study in the library
The good old days


Oh fall. Please stay forever. Love, me.


"October's poplars are flaming torches lighting the way to winter."- Nova Bair

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Wonderful. I could not agree more. I love fall!!

camille said...

whatever.
summer is better, and you know it.

camille said...

hahaha