So, I tried one of those body cleansing fasts
Because I felt gross inside
It consisted of spending three days drinking 8-12 glasses of a mixture of lemon juice, water, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper
And as much water as I could handle
And since I'm a first-time faster, I could have vegetable juices or broth as well
(Luckily I have a superstar mom who made me butternut squash soup and miso soup, both of which are delicious)
And I did it!
I was so proud
For those of you who don't know, I have very very little self-discipline
Especially where food is involved
So if I can do it, you can totally do it
I feel so much better!
I have so much energy and just so much more excitement about life
Because I feel like I'm in charge
And I just feel clean, inside and out
I was going to keep fasting, because you can do it for up to ten days,
but unfortunately those pesky cheddar and sour cream potato chips have been calling my name for three days
And I just couldn't hold out any longer
See what I mean about the willpower?
Anyway, if any of you are needing a winter blues fix,
I recommend a fast
I'll send you recipes!
And be your personal cheerleader
Can you imagine anything better?
That's what I thought.
4 comments:
i want to do the fast>.... what do i do???
opps wrong account.... this is really kinsley! sorry
That's great that you are proud of your discipline and feel energized. But be careful about these kinds of things and be mindful of your readers. Sometimes people don't use these sorts of things to feel better, but rather to lose weight...and that is a slippery slope. Do it for your body because you love it, folks, or just stay away. :)
Whew! You did better than I did! That mix is GROSS. haha. No really. Blugh. Good Job Chels!
Post a Comment