Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl Sunday

I'll admit it, I watched about 20 minutes of the Super Bowl.
I'm very much against watching football on Sundays. A certain elder from my MTC district could testify of my deep feelings, thanks to more than one heated discussion about the subject. I do not watch football on Sundays, and football will not be watched in my home on Sundays. Period. I don't care about others watching the Super Bowl, I just don't do it personally. In my mind, Sundays just have a certain feel about them, and football grates against that feel like a cheese grater against my arm. No bueno. That was such a random comparison.

Anyway, yesterday was a weird day, where I cared more for human interaction than for avoiding the Super Bowl. But I could only make myself watch about 20 minutes of it, because I came in at the 3rd quarter, when it was clear that nothing was going to save the Denver Broncos, and the game was pointless to watch. Sorry Bronco fans.

Also I went to two different wards yesterday, and met a ton of people.
The people out here are great, super friendly and welcoming. I was afraid I would be really intimidated by all the people with their grown-up jobs 'on the Hill' and all their life experiences. But I found that I can hold my own pretty well. Also they are all jealous that I don't go into an office everyday.

Also I totally spaced the fact that it was Fast Sunday. Guys, I'm so thrown off.

Also, I'm staying in a house with four other girls who are all good friends, and I had forgotten how fun it is to have roommates and all the random things that you talk about and funny moments you have together.

I feel like I have said a lot without saying very much at all. Most of this is kind of vague.

I just felt so many feelings yesterday and I don't know how to sum them up or how much of it I should actually go into. I mostly felt happy, and outgoing, and then there were some sad moments mixed in there, and also that moment when I was so mad that I screamed into a pillow.

So, there are some more vague things that you can feel free to read into.

That's all for now. Much love,

Chels

No comments: