Family, true family, are the ones you can laugh with, and cry with, and understand, and feel understood by.
Sometimes home is complete chaos.
Like yesterday, when I was on the phone with Wells Fargo,
and I probably got the poor agent dude in trouble
He was busting a gut at the sound of the chaos in the background.
Including Mark marching in, chanting "wassup, wassup, wassup wassup wasuup!"
And then only moments later screaming bloody murder after he'd fallen on his back and had the wind knocked out of him.
But sometimes home really is heaven on earth.
Heaven will include lots of laughing, I think.
But probably not at inappropriate times, the way we usually do it...
Tonight, I was grateful for my family
As we gathered around the schoolroom table
and everything momentarily halted as we bowed our heads
But it only lasted a moment.
For unknown reasons, someone started chuckling.
Then Mark, the one doing the praying, let out a snort
I heard more chuckles
Then I started laughing
I'll admit it, I peeked for just a second
And saw even Mom fighting a smile
And I felt close to all of them
It was just one of those good moments.
Irreverent? Yes. But I love them.
I hope you all are as lucky as me.
1 comment:
That image of Mark marching to "wassup" is hilarious! I'm glad to know your model family has irreverent prayers sometimes, too.
Post a Comment