Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's alarming how charming I feel

Name that song!

This is the new me. The 2010 me. I feel charming :) It may be getting to my head.
The new me is better than the old me.
The new me loves the old me to death though.
The new me wouldn't be here without the old one.

The new me is going on a mission. Starting the papers in March.
The new me is learning to love people. All people.
Because the Man Upstairs does.

The new me is off sugar. And not having withdrawals, so far.
The new me drinks veggie shakes and goes running.
The new me goes to bed early, and gets up early.
The new me doesn't forget to read her scriptures, pray, or floss.

The new me feels beautiful.
Because she is in cahoots with the Man in Charge.
And he loves her dearly.
And she is learning to trust him.

The new me has a new room to go along. And a roommate.
I just wanted to show off our handiwork.
We think our room is oh-so-cute
(And by we, I don't mean me and the new me. I mean me and Jaime)
Just in case you were worried.

These are a little hard to read
but the two by our dresser say
"I can do hard things"
and
"Choose ye this day"
the other one is below our window and says
"lengthen your stride"


I'm not sure how long I'll be able to convince the new me to stick around.
The old me tends to come back sometimes.
I'll try to find it endearing instead of frustrating
And maybe, just maybe
the new me and the old me will be friends
and then I can be all one person again

Instead of guarding against the side of me that likes to derail my plans.

8 comments:

BrittanyB said...

I feel pretty - west side story.

Ashley said...

I'm loving the "new me's" haircut.

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Chelsie oh Chelsie, I find so much fun reading your blog posts. Way better than lame homework. I still can't believe we haven't done anything. So the new me of me is going to call you sometime soon! :) love ya girlie!

Amanda said...

I love the haircut too! The "new you" is lookin pretty good!

Love the new room too. AND Congrats on making the mission decision. I know it's not easy. :)

Chels said...

Brittany, you win! But could you say it with a little more enthusiasm next time?

And Katheryn, we should totally get together! I love you!

And thanks all :)

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog! You're pretty much amazing and make me smile every time!
You look so pretty in the picture :) Love it! <3

Anonymous said...

I love the new you AND the old you! wow a mission!!! I love it! Missionaries are awesome!

BrittanyB said...

Originally I typed in Booya! But thought gloating was uncalled for.