Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

Remember Y2K?
Remember the time before I had a cell phone?
Before I could drive?
Remember when I had just barely started high school? I felt old. And I wore overalls the first day.
How embarrassing.
Remember when I had never been kissed?
When I had never paid taxes or lived on my own?
Remember when I started college? Then I really felt old.

In 2009 I started my first semester as a sociology major
I got dumped for the first time
I lived outside the state on my own for the first time
I said goodbye to my roommates
I went to the beach! I went to Disneyland for the first time in I think a decade
I made new friends
I stopped working at the computer lab
I turned 20, forever leaving my teenage years behind
My siblings turned 18, 16, 13, 11, and 2
I almost got a new sibling
I saw missionaries come home. Remember when they were leaving? They're back already. Too weird.
I bought a car. And wrecked it
I went to Lake Powell for the first time
My sister finally joined me at BYU :)
I applied for a research grant
I applied for a loan. So much for getting through college debt-free.
I planned for graduation
I watched a few friends get married. A few more got engaged. And a couple more got mission calls. Some left on missions.
And this isn't even the half of it.

In 2010, I don't know what's coming.
Hopefully I'll graduate (fingers crossed!)
Hopefully I'll get some papers published
and start applying for grad school
I'll turn 21
I might go on a mission
I might get married
I'll watch one of my very best friends get married
and probably more than just that one...
Whatever happens, it's gonna be good.
Because my life generally is.
And life goes on.

4 comments:

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Sounds like a fun year! Glad I could be part of it :) whoot. Good ol' University Villa.

Ashley said...

I love reading what you write. Be a writer :)

Dan and Donna said...

Chelsie, I love your blog it is so creative! WE wish you luck on all the things you are wishing for in 2010!!!

gigi said...

You almost got a new sibling?!