Monday, October 4, 2010

My Weekend

Because they are going to be limited for a while, I have to live them up.
First of all, on Friday I got to have lunch with my girls! Amanda, Ashley, new friend Natalie, and Christina. Only I just kind of saw Christina, because that girl is popular and I was playing mom and had to sneak out for a bit to pick up Mark from school. But it was good to see them all. I want to be a combination of all these women when I grow up! I guess I should say IF I grow up :)
Then on Friday evening I went on a hot date. GASP!
I know.
It's been a while.
It was FUN! But I was reminded, yet again, how terrible I am at laser tag.
Every time I go I think I'm doing so well, and killing people left and right, and then the scores come out. And I'm usually last. This time I was 11 out of 12, but the girl who was 12th had a broken gun.
Oh well.
Nobody's perfect. And I was perilously close, so it's a good thing I found something wrong with me.
Whew!
haha.
Then came Saturday.
I got up at 5:40 to go hike Y mountain with my dad and two other young men's leaders from my ward.
And we're not talking about hiking to the Y, here. This is hiking to the top of the mountain.
Have you ever hiked the Y? The thing is so steep, it's not fun going up OR down.
So this hike was like hiking the Y three times.
It was one of those that's like, we're doing this because it's HARD and makes us feel like MEN.
Yes, I felt like a man.
But it was beautiful, the trees were all aflame and the weather was perfect and the view at the top was breathtaking and worth it.
My dad says any man I marry has to pass the Y mountain test. He has to be able to hike it. He has to hike it without complaining. And he has to be willing to hike to the east peak, which is the real top, and not just the west peak, which most people think is the top. Because the man I marry will have to possess the kind of drive and integrity that will not allow him to hike a mountain and not reach the actual top. Apparently.
So, I'm glad we got that figured out. I should be able to weed through men very efficiently while also staying in incredible shape. Also, my dad says if I gain 40 pounds while in Paris, he's going to make me do that hike every day for two months.
It is a HARD hike. It is steep and I hated it. Until the top. So I just have to remember that every time I want to eat that second pastry. Or third. Or fifth.
So anyway, we topped the mountain and then jogged down in time to only be ten minutes late tuning in to conference. I LOVE conference!! Love love love it. I wish it were longer.
But these days they're so speedy about getting everything online, I already have all my favorite talks on my ipod in English AND in French.
Win.
And then, in between conference sessions, I went over to the Adair home (where I had also been the night before, on aforementioned hot date) where they stuffed me with crepes. Yes, the Adairs are probably my new favorite people.
Crepes are heaven.
Then during Priesthood session, the real party started.
We had sister bonding time.
Jaime, Kari and I went out on the town and took lots of pictures. Which I will post when my camera stops being retarded. And when I can edit them enough to make me appear photogenic. I seem to have one of those faces that only looks good through a real fancy pants camera lens. Sad day.
Moving on. This is the part you should pay attention to.
I MET MY SOULMATE at SAMMY'S.
Yes, my soulmate.
And he is a sandwich.
Haha, you probably got all excited. And then dang, she wasn't talking about a boy.
But you should stay excited.
And you should go meet him.
Go to Sammy's, in downtown P-town.
And order the Hey Nikki burger. Yes, as in Hey Nikki You're So Fine. Which I think is the actual full name of the burger. I think they called it that just so they could laugh at you on the inside when you order it. But order it anyway.
While you're at it, get the sweet potato fries and the half size mint oreo pie shake. It's the perfect meal.
And send me a letter to thank me.
Because you should be GRATEFUL.
Which reminds me of my favorite talk on Sunday, from President Monson during the Sunday morning session. SO GOOD!
You know what else was so good? The cinnamon rolls, which I made all by myself. I'm so grown up.
Seriously, I was impressed. And then I made dinner. Cranberry-onion turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy and rolls and various vegetables. Mom was out of town. I only do these things out of necessity.
But guess what?
It all turned out great! It was a nail-biter. But it worked out in the end.
So congratulations, Future Husband.
You picked a good one.
I hope you're excited to grow old and fat together.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the highlight reel of my weekend.
How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Suzy said...

President Monson's Sunday morning was my favorite too! :)

How'd your talk go?

camille said...

i hate to break it to you, but you should never eat at sammy's again. they don't have hot water. i don't even want to know the unsanitary conditions of the dishes they use.

also, they keep their frozen food in the VAN next to their store. this is stuff like fries and ice cream that's supposed to be frozen. in a van! it's disgusting.

they violate every health code i know.

and you don't even want to see their meat slicer. but if you do, i have pictures of everything!

Chels said...

My day has been ruined.