Can you all just STOP, please?
GOSH.
I'm trying to say goodbye.
And I feel like it should be big.
And it should feel epic.
And there should be tears and laughter.
And it's just normal.
It's like, "k see ya"
And everything is going to build up to this day
and then the day will end.
and I will wake up in the MTC
and it will feel weird and normal at the same time
And everyone else will just go on the same way they've been doing
And babies will be had, and people will be married and fall in love, and people will die,
and I'll have this crazy experience.
And no one will know exactly what it's like
besides me.
And I'll come home
and be normal again.
And non-exciting
and there will be school to go to and money to earn and grumpy drivers to deal with
And it seems like the world will never stop, or even slow down,
enough for me to enjoy my epic moment
the way I imagined I would.
It's good, and it's sad.
I just wanted everything to stop.
I wanted a MOMENT.
4 comments:
Over here I'm freaking out because I wish I were there for your moment. So...we're having a moment for you here! does that help?
CHELSIE!!! I am going to miss you so much!! I will write you! I can't wait to hear all your crazy fun amazing adventures! :) I am super excited!
We're all having our moment for you. I think about you daily--mostly because I'm so jealous, but also so excited for this big change for you. It's gonna rock.
But my sister knows how you feel. When she came home from her mission she was all "I learned and grew and changed and everything here stayed exactly the same and life just went on." It was a strange adjustment period for her. So know that your fellow missionaries will be feeling what you're feeling, even if you think nobody else is. :) So that doesn't sound helpful at ALL but I promise I had good intentions when I started this comment.
I hope that sometime in the next 7 days you will get your moment. Know that I am constantly thinking about you and freaking out over the fact that you will really be going into that MTC and then you'll be gone (no more cookies and good talk times for me) for 18 months... and when you come back, you'll be way smarter than me. :)
Post a Comment