I love the rain. I love the weather this week.
This is good walking weather.
Have I ever told you how much I like walks?
I love them.
Just strolling along, taking everything in, talking.
All my best conversations happen while walking.
I keep going on walks this week.
Just short ones.
Taking in the weather
breathing in the perfection
it's a wee bit chilly, and wet without being miserable
it's adventurous.
I need the time to clear my head.
To get away from all the noise and the bustle
and pretend my life isn't going a million miles an hour.
My head is working overtime these days.
Imagining what the mission will be like.
It's something my mind can't wrap itself around
but it spends all its energy trying to anyway.
So I love the weather
Because it draws my mind to bigger things
Miles of sky
Eternity
Family
the loved ones whose homes I walk past.
That's why Jaime and I are such best buds.
She goes on walks with me.
More about that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment